Best hand brake mounting spot?

north America spec:

left hand drive

shifter on right side

hand brake on right side.

help me FANATEC users. I am trying to find a good mounting spot for the hand brake. My hands are large and mounting it directly to the shifter causes contact with the hand brake when shifting into 5, 6 & 7.

any ideas, guys? I’ve tried rotating the handle and mounting it flat causes it to be too far!

Lol what are some setups you guys use?

thanks!

Comments

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member
    edited December 2023

I have mine mounted rotated approx 45 degrees forward of your mounting so the top of the handbrake box is flush with the gear shifter top edge and back edge and handbrake lever is forward of the gear shifter lever by 200mm so that my hand can never hit it. You can get threes screws to hold the handbrake housing that way also.

Sorry if your description was already stating that you may have tried my solution, it wasn't very clear.

• I like it on the left side like it is in my IRL car. If you drill one more hole in it you can tilt it down 20-30 more degrees and it's perfect.

• ignore the quality of my driling... But if you drill right here on either side you'll get it perfect. One side is more difficult to install than the other. But it's doable.

now good luck not breaking your 3.5 connector!

• This is how I got it for now it seems to be working

• still under construction, but I use one shifter-handbrake-combo next to the steering wheel similar to modern WRC cars with DIY-grips and the other combo like normal cars next to the seat:

• Ill show u this evening my spot i put it on my frame itself next to my steering wheel

• I want my mouse pad there... But i have TRX. Hmmm

But yeah. that's how i had mine and the ebrake was in the way of shifting when i was in a pinch. That's why i drilled the beautiful hole in it.

• Just forgot my old setup. You can also use one of the L-shaped mounting brackets of the handbrake table clamp!

You can attach the brackets on one of the sides of your shifter and attach the handbrake on it. With this solution my handbrake was very close next to my shifter at the exact same height (I replaced the shifter shaft by a shorter one made by SimMakerZ)

• I really like the "default car location" what bracket is that to help it connect to the 80/20 rig?

• Sim-Lab Shifter & Handbrake Mount. Sometimes old versions are shown on websites but this is the latest one.

it‘s for 40mm (80/40, 40/40 not 20) profiles. I used the same for the shifter.

For the handbrake I had to widen some of the holes of the mount a tiny little bit because they didn‘t fit perfectly. Done in a couple of minutes