Podium Button Module Rally.. faulty or need future update?

edited December 2023 in Fanatec Other

Podium Rally Module landed yesterday. Fantastic piece of kit. And I copied Maurice’s idea of attaching it

to a cube controls GT zero wheel. Now one of best looking wheels I own!

however. I am wondering if something is wrong. It is attached to a podium hub and QR2. I have updated everything in control panel and everything is working as it should apart from the screen. It is giving all sorts of funny readouts. And numbers all over the place but maybe it needs a future update as it’s so new

But what is most concerning me is when I switch base on. The lights etc don’t work and is not recognised unless I unplug module from hub and plug it back in again. Then everything is fine!

I tried my Endurance module and that works fine.

attached to clubsport DD BTW. I’m so hoping this is firmware related and I don’t have to return it for repair or whatever!.

Comments

• edited December 2023

The completely broken Display with "funny" readouts on a CS DD is a known Firmware issue and will be fixed next year.

• Thanks for quick reply Maurice. Any idea about the problem with connection?

• edited December 2023

Might be a QR related issue, also under investigation for a fix next year (together with lots of other BMR related fixes).

• Oh. So is a know issue?

that’s a relief. Thanks again Maurice!

• I also had issues on Podium Hub not detecting but for me i had to power off the base and power it back on to get it to work.

I thought it was my Podium Hub that was causing the issues. I also tried unplugging the USBC but that didn't work so maybe there is a Podium/BMR issue. I will say that the Podium hub has not worked since i switched it to QR2 and previously i used that hub with only a wheel attached, no buttons. Removing my QR1 from it was a nightmare, so I have been worried mine is damaged.

I put it on my clubsport universal hub (which i really don't care for) and it started working. It wasn't doing great until the 455 drivers released. Now I have it setup with Fanalabs and all the goodies and it's pretty great. still needs some software updates though.

Mine is on a Momo Team 300mm btw which is pretty great for GT, Rally, and Drifting. I really like it, but I want mine on a Podium Hub and some OLED fixes along with some Fanalab updated features that are coming.

• I’ve the rally module on a v2 Xbox hub on Xbox series x , the module worked for 30 minutes after updating to 455 ,after powering off and returning later the rally module is dead,if i plug it in my csl dd base refuses to power on,unplug it and everything works fine,currently in a long winded back and forth with support

• Thanks for reply. I’m glad I’m not the only one!

it must be a podium hub Qr2 issue. I’m sure it will get fixed with future update!👍

I also have a mono 300 for rally titles but haven’t tried it yet. I primarily bought module after seeing Maurice’s wheel!

I mean it looks tremendous with cube controls gt zero rim. You are talking approx £300 for something that looks far better than some wheels 3 times that price!

• I nearly bought it too. It does look amazing. And now they have a leather version.

Can either of you tell me if that has a bit of dish on it? It's hard to see on their site. But I tried the BMR on a flat Fanatec Rim and it sticks too far forward. The Momo I have and the Sparco that sells with the BMR are about 39mm deep if i remember correctly and it sits perfectly inside the wheel. Buttons are mostly out of the way and in comfortable reach.

• Yes. The GT zero has a bit of a dish. So module sits nicely between handles of rim!👍

• Maurice!!

if you are around?

could you possibly tell me where you got the P and N Button caps for your module!🙏

• Hi all,

I've got similar issues with my Fanatec Podium Button Module Rally. I suspect it may also have been the cause to all my failed CS Universal Hub updates as well. I ended up successfully updating it on a friend's DD PRO, had to swap out the QR2 for my friend's QR1 mount, which was a pain... but that worked out in the end.

For some reason however the button module was "fully up to date" when I managed to update the hub... don't all modules start from V0 normally? Whenever I use it now, it freaks out and jams all the controls temporarily on the button module and hub. All other peripherals work normally even when the hub and button module throw their tantrums. I've just tested the hub by disconnecting the button module from it and it works just as intended with no hick-ups whatsoever, so the culprit is definitely the PBMR here...

For context, it's also all mounted on a CS DD. I'd be tempted to flash the firmware of the PBMR and see what it does but I'd like to know before I even risk anything doing that. I suppose it all depends whether it has been updated for you guys since then.

Thanks in advance!