V3 pedals motors not work in games

I only use V3 pedals from Fanatec products.

I had a 454 driver and an adequate FanaLab.

Motors vibrations work properly in the driver, but not in games.

The Fanatec Control Panel asked me to install the 455 driver.

I installed 455 and FanaLab v2.01.21 and now in games motors works.

But why force the installation of the latest and, to top it all, insufficiently tested driver, if, for example, users like me only use pedals?

Let's say the 451 driver is the most reliable so far and it served me quite well, as did the FanaLab equivalent

In addition, I would like to point out that V3 pedals still use the same firmware 1.35, so there is really no need to force the installation of a newer driver!

Comments

• edited December 2023

Nobody "forced" you to update anything. You were shown an update notification that a new Driver and FanaLab version is available. Nobody however forced you to download and install that new versions. You could have ignore the notification just fine and stay on old software versions for as long as you wish (or for as long as you dont buy a new product which needs a certain minimum driver version).

Seems you just did not understood and misinterpreted the notification and what it means...

However, not working USB pedal vibrations were indeed an issue of an older FanaLab version which was fixed with 2.01.21 - so the update of the Lab was good. But still nobody forced you to update from 454 to 455 (which btw was tested well)...

• if you don't have a problem, then read with understanding what I wrote. I wrote the complete procedure.

and let me clarify.

until the Fanatec Control Panel showed me that a new 455 driver needed to be installed, there were no problems with the operation of the motors in the games.

tried to put the 451 driver and the corresponding FanaLab and it didn't work.

ONLY when I installed 455 and FanaLab v2.01.21 the motors work in the games again.

• edited December 2023

Please re-read what I wrote.

The Control Panel NEVER showed you that a new driver 455 NEEDED to be installed.

It only showed you that a new driver 455 is available. It NEVER forced you to click the download button, download the new driver and execute the installer. You did that all on your own because you did not read and understood that notification properly.

When you want to use the old driver 451, then you need to use the old FanaLab 1.69.7 as well. This configuration works well with USB pedal vibrations.

If you want to use new FanaLab version (where USB pedal vibrations were broken with 2.01.12 and fixed with 2.01.18 and newer), then you have to use at least driver 453 due to changes in the communication of Lab and Driver.

• Sanio KuzmanSanio Kuzman Member
    edited December 2023

ok to repackage a bit. yes, ok, it's not like I have to, but the vibration doesn't work since a green notification pops up in my Fanatec Control Panel that a 455 driver is available.

so I repeat. 451 a couple of months ago when I used it, as well as this 454, they worked perfectly normally until the green announcement for the 455 started.

that's why I think it's forcing, because until I installed 455, neither 451 nor 454 wanted to create vibrations in games.

games are ACC and AMS2.

• Anyway, it is working now, thats everything which counts.

So topic closed...

• Sanio KuzmanSanio Kuzman Member
    edited December 2023

I came across and pointed out the problem you have in the driver. that's the point

that all.

• edited December 2023

It's not a driver issue though.

It was a Fanalab issue of version 2.01.12 which was fixed with Fanalab 2.01.18 and newer.

The well tested combo of Lab 2.01.21 and driver 455 does not have this issue and the update force was not a force but just a notification.

So I dont see a valid issue of the most recent Software here.

• Again from the beginning.

If it worked perfectly normally for me with the combination

451 / FanaLab v2.00.09

454 / FanaLab v2.01.12

and when a pop-up green message appeared in the Fanatec Control Panel that "a new 455 driver is available", and since then the vibration has not worked in games.

Please note, in Fanatec Control Panel, the vibration test works properly in each version of the driver, as well as the proper settings in FanaLab.

Look Maurice no offense, maybe this is not your sector and area of operation and your knowledge. I encountered a problem and pointed it out.

Maybe it would be wise to include @Marcel Pfister in the discussion, considering that he is related to driver management.

I made this as a notice so that someone else who uses vibrations while driving on the V3 and encounters this problem knows what's going on. And on the Fanatec engineers working on the driver to point out the problem that needs to be solved.

Because let's say I want to use a 451 driver because it is quite enough for me to use only V3 pedals and of course I use vibrations while driving, and if they don't work for me with a 451 driver, it means that I am forced to use a 455 if I want vibration while driving.

it's simple.

@Marcel Pfister - I expect you have taken note of this problem message.

• edited December 2023

Marcel wont take part in this discussion, that is MY job.

Sounds like pure coincidence.

Anyway, the issue is not existing with the most current Software versions so no action needed for the Driver, Lab or Firmware Team as of course old Software can not be fixed afterwards so it is impossible to fix 451 as the fix is included in 455 and Lab 2.01.21 already so you HAVE TO update to this versions if you have problems with the old versions. That's how Software development goes, issues happen but of course cant be fixed in existing but only newer versions.

• To follow up.

I think the solution to the problem is to enable the Fanatec Control Panel for the user to decide whether he wants to receive notifications about new driver versions.

Because it is possible that some error occurred when the pop-up green notification about the new driver appears. Then the in-game vibrations don't work.

Perhaps it should be in the Fanatec Control Panel if the user decides exclusively in the settings that he does not want to receive new green notifications, so that this problem is solved that way. So that anyone who decides to use any driver can use it without being disturbed and that something doesn't work for them.

• edited December 2023

"I think the solution to the problem is to enable the Fanatec Control Panel for the user to decide whether he wants to receive notifications about new driver versions.

Because it is possible that some error occurred when the pop-up green notification about the new driver appears. Then the in-game vibrations don't work."

No. Nothing will be changed here, the not-working vibrations have absolutely nothing to do with the update notification!

Everything is fixed already with latest software, so nothing which needs any further investigation or even an active change.

• Repeated again.

But everything was working normally in older drivers until the green pop-up notification appeared in the Fanatec Control Panel.

So there is a mistake somewhere.

Why should I be forced to upgrade to the latest version of drijver if I know that everything worked great in say 451?

There is no need for that.

The error was caused solely by the appearance of the green pop-up notification.

• edited December 2023

Coincidence, as I said.

The notification can not cause an issue with vibrations, its purely a notification without ANY change in the functions of a hardware device.

You can test by just uninstalling 455 and re-installing 454 again so get the update notification shown again. Nothing will change, vibrations will still work fine when you use Lab 2.01.21...

So we can end this discussion, there wont be any change or fix as no action is needed here as everything is working properly with latest software versions, so nothing to be fixed.

• "No. Nothing will be changed here, the not-working vibrations have absolutely nothing to do with the update notification!"

I point out the mistake and why it probably happened, and you tell me it's not a mistake?

Hello.

So I ran into a problem and I'm reporting how I discovered it and what the problem is apparently.

• edited December 2023

But the problem is not related to the update notification, 100000000%.

As I said, we can stop this discussion now as here is nothing which needs investigation or even an active change / fix as everything is working fine for you now with latest softwares.

• When I wanted to install FanaLab 2.01.21 with the 454 driver, during the installation it said that the 455 driver should be on the PC.

The magic circle.

But I don't want a 455 driver.

I want a 451 driver.

• edited December 2023

"But I don't want a 455 driver.

I want a 451 driver."

Then simply uninstall 455 and Lab 2.01.21 and install driver 451 and Lab 1.69.7, ignore the update notifications, and everything will work fine.

• I did it yesterday and when I drive ACC or AMS2 the motors do not vibrate.

• edited December 2023

You sure you have the vibrations enabled in the Lab and Telemetry properly enabled?

Because this exact combination was tested 2 weeks ago when reports came up of not working USB pedal vibrations. The old combo of driver 451 and Lab 1.69.7 worked perfectly fine during testing.

So maybe you have more issues than just driver and Lab install, sounds like maybe also your windows installation or even your hardware is screwed somehow.

When that old combo is not working for you but the new combo of 455 and 2.01.21 does, then you have no other choice other than using that versions, no matter if you want or not, you would just have to. Nothing which can be fixed here to let you use 451 in this case.

• Oh man.

So I stated that months ago everything was working fine for me, until the green popup notification for 455 appeared.

In ACC it is not necessary to adjust anything.

In AMS2 System/shared mem. is set on PC2.

Of course, everything I need is enabled in FanaLab.

What's the problem, it's certainly not with my computer. Everything works as it should and has for a long time.

• edited December 2023

"Everything works as it should" Good, then we can finally end this discussion as everything works as it should and here is nothing to investigate or even fix. :)

Btw, I just downgraded back to 451 and Lab 1.69.7 and vibrations in ACC and AMS2 are working fine for me when I connect my CSP v3 via USB, even though both the Lab and the Control Panel show the update notification. So that notification alone is not the root cause of your issue.

However, when that combo gives you issues which newer versions dont, then just use the newest software versions and everything is fine.

• Yea, my PC work, but drivers have some problem.

• Why are you so rude? I see that in other topics you are arrogant and rude towards users who have a problem.

I nicely explained the whole procedure, what's wrong, and you like this.

If you were a real engineer, and I see that you are not, then you would say, can you do it again with the installation of, for example, the 451 driver and the corresponding FanaLab and download the log file.

That's how a real engineer would act, who would then know how to find the fault why it's happening.

• edited December 2023

I am not an engineer, I am a bestester.

And it is impossible to fix a 1 year old installer, especially when there is no issue with the most recent new version and even with the old version its working fine for literally anyone else over the whole year and you are the only one with this kind of issue (which is also fixed for you when you just simply update to the latest versions which is the way to go).

So there wont be a fix coming to let you use 451. Just use 455 and 2.01.21 if 451 and 1.69.7 gives you issues.

• But you are arrogant.

The 454 with FanaLab 2.01.12 was working perfectly until the other day, BUT in the Fanatec Control Panel, a green pop-up notification for the new 455 driver appeared, and since then the vibration has not worked.

Come on, explain how that's possible?

• edited December 2023

That combination was known to cause USB pedal vibration issues, in particular the issue was caused by the FanaLab version 2.01.12. The issue is fixed with FanaLab 2.01.19 and newer versions (even when using 454), see Changelog of 2.01.19: "Changelog of 2.01.19 hotfix: Fixed vibrations not working on USB Pedals when a Steering Wheel with rumble motors is attached to the Base or when no Base at all is used."

It is a pure coincidence that the issue started for you when the update notification was shown. It could have happened earlier as the issue was only related to the Lab, not the driver.

• just to clarify something.

on the sales page it is stated that the current driver is 452 for V3 pedals.

therefore it should mean that 452 is best for V3.

• edited December 2023

The webshop product pages are always behind by several months as every single product page needs to be updated where the webshop team had no time to do so in the last weeks.

Only valid site to look for the most recent official driver is www.fanatec.com/driver. Every other webshop page is outdated.

In fact, 452 was the worst and most bugged driver we have EVER released. It should have never been an official driver but was needed due to product launch of the BMR.

• Okay. Although it is not clear that no one manages to adjust everything that needs to be written and the links. As if 1-2 people work at Fanatec. More people should be employed, and not save on people and salaries.

And as for the driver, as far as I can see on the forum, it says that the only currently correct drive is 451. It says that it is (Current Official Release). Because Candidate and Beta drivers should never be released for public use. You in Fanatec development test that, and put the tested drivers into use if they are (Current Official Release).