Fanatec Order Delay - Seeking Information

Hello everyone,

I recently placed an order with Fanatec, totaling around €2500, which includes the new ClubSport DD+ base. According to Fanatec, this product is supposed to be available on December 27th. However, on December 18th, I received an email from Fanatec stating that there is a delay of approximately 14 days in my order. Despite the delay, the website still indicates that the product will be available on December 27th.

(

Screenshot taken directly from my Fanatec purchase order:

)

I've come across several posts in this forum discussing Fanatec's shipping issues, and I'm curious if anyone has more information or has experienced similar delays with their orders. It seems like there might be a significant problem with Fanatec's shipping processes.

Any insights or updates on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Comments

• open paypal claim or initiate a chargeback

• My DD+ was originally available on the 12th.

I received that same email. It says they plan to ship it by the end of the year. Which is right around the 27th, but 14 days from that email is more like January 1.

My DD+ now states it's available on the 27th on my order page.

Quennan's statement and post might be useful. I don't use PayPal, but when I filed a ticket with them on my last purchase they ignored the ticket, but shipped the item same day. It sorta felt more coincidental than a response to me. But who knows?

I have not seen a lot of CS DD reviews, so I am assuming that not many of them have shipped either. But my plan is to wait for Week 1 of January before lighting the signal fires on DD+

Personally I'm more concerned with manufacturing quality than anything. It's not like they can patch the hardware. :P Transparency would be very welcome right about now.

I actually ordered my first Non Fanatec parts in 3 years from an online shop and not direct from the company and received those as expected. I will likely do more of that moving forward. I have seen similar complaints of people ordering direct with other brands as well.

I just wish Fanatec had some shops like that in the US. We do have a local Micro Center that sells Moza.

• What you're telling me is really interesting. Initially, December 12 was scheduled for the delivery of these dd+ devices? That concerns me. From what I remember, when I placed the order on the 11th, it already indicated that it would be available from December 27. A small delay is normal and understandable, but the initial availability date was the 12th. I placed the order on the 11th, where they stated availability on the 27th. On the 18th, I received an email informing me that the release date would be delayed by about 14 days, which makes me suspicious.

I live in southern Europe, in Spain, and Fanatec is in Germany. We're not really that far apart, which is something that reassures me given the entire situation. I didn't use PayPal either, but we always have the option to file a transaction claim if the timelines extend, and Fanatec is not clear on this matter. As you rightly mention, what matters to me the most is the quality of the device rather than receiving it one or two weeks later than scheduled. That said, if the order status isn't updated between the 27th and January 1, I'll have to file a complaint.

They need to be more transparent, considering we're investing thousands of euros in these purchases.

• They do need to start being transparent. I expect something to happen after the holiday rush. But we shall see.

To clarify something for you:

I ordered Day 1 of pre-orders. Oct 20th. So i was on the Batch 1 release. Which was Dec 12th. That would normally be the day they ship them out. Your order was much later, so it was slated for another batch which was the 27th.

The dates shown on the website are USUALLY the ship dates if you order on that day. So they expect to receive another batch from the manufacturer that they can send out. The website dates change. But normally your date on your order does not change. Mine did due to whatever anomaly they had...

This is why pre-ordering new products is sort of scary and maybe even dumb on the consumer side :P

Without transparency we can't know. Personally, and I'm just speculating, that there's some quality concern they are addressing. Which would be good for us?... But it would explain the slow rollout of the CS DD and now the delays of the CS DD+

But there's a chance I'm giving them too much credit there lol.

• so good news people got a mail the 18th that the CS dd+ will be tops 2 weeks from the 12th right well my pre order date on the order was the 19th and mine also got changed on the order to the 27th so i guess we all will be seeying out ackadges shipped next week for the cs dd+ this is exciting i think they know they messed up on this one and i think they really want teh cs dd+ out by the 27th

• I am assuming shipping will start late next week as well. Then they can say the got em out by years end. But you know... we'll just have to see.

• yeah true i am hoping the same but it does look this way because of the email + now everyone's order page got updated i think we can see light at the end of the tunnel all we can do now is pray :)

• I don't know what to think anymore. In this forum, I see many people complaining about shipping delays in general with all the items. I also see people who reserved the CS dd, which has been available for a month, and they are still waiting for it. The availability date for the CS dd+ was initially the 12th, then delayed to the 27th. Even after that, receiving emails on the 18th stating a further 14-day extension gives me the impression that they may not start shipping them until mid-January if everything goes well.

The worst part is that we are speculating about the dates on an official Fanatec forum because they are not being clear at all. Some people believe they will start shipping next week, others think it will be early January. Some are canceling their orders, and there are even people opening PayPal claims to get Fanatec to send their orders. It's a complicated issue, and I suppose all we can do is wait. Hopefully, Fanatec will address the situation soon or ship the orders on the 27th as stated in my order.

• if they keep us updated like normal in the forums we should see an official update somewhere over the next few days but i do speculate that the CS dd+ will ship next week because other orders do not have there order date in the order page schanged just this one item that coupled with the email that has going around i guess its safe to say thats gonne come sooner then later

but like u said its all speculation anyway we will see if they keep that promise

• I understand that the email was something automatic sent to everyone who placed the order before the initial estimated shipping date (on the 12th). So, it makes sense to expect it now on the 27th. However, if, on the contrary, they sent me that email already knowing that the availability date was the 27th, it would mean a further 2-week delay, pushing the shipments to mid-January. We'll see what happens; hopefully, they start shipping on the 27th.

• not true because my availability date changed only this weekend i think it was Saturday or Friday so way later then the email was sent so i think it's more the fact they know that they are going to have it available in the warehouse ready to be shipped because they said it would be by air (way faster) i can see it being the case :)

• I made an order that said it was supposed to get here before christmas, but the order still has not even shipped also I do not believe that orders will be going out the beginning of January. I just read an announcement that they made on the forum stating that almost no orders will be going out in january until the 10th. Here is the link to that announcement ---> https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/29173/black-friday-orders-shipping-update-3/p1. I hope that we all receive our orders in a timely manner.