So, whats up with the old QR?

Just wanting to order a new steering wheel to go with my base/wheel set as it is.

Needed: new round wheel and the metal QR1.

That quick release is 'sold out'.......there is no pre-order or 'available in x days'.

Well, if it's not made anymore and not buyable, that defies the whole ECO-system a bit, doesn't it?

They don't exactly hand out those QR2's and now, for just buying a new wheel, I have to invest hundreds of euro just to attach it to the base?

Comments

• Ich warte auch darauf, dass der QR1 wieder Verfügbar ist.

Nicht weil ich diesen benötige.

Ich möchte das Podium Hub bestellen. Leider muss ich dafür irgendeinen QR auswählen.

Da ich die neue Clubsport DD+ Vorbestellt habe. Benötige ich zwar den QR2 als System. Jedoch bin ich bereits im Besitz eines QR2. Also benötige ich lediglich "nur" den Hub. Ohne irgendein QR System.

@James, gibt es die Möglichkeit, den QR bei einem Hub abzuwählen? Man könnte dann im Shop 4 Punkte auswählen. QR1,QR2,QR2 Pro und ohne QR. Für Kunden, die keinen weiteren QR benötigen.

• NavigatorNavigator Member
    edited December 2023

@Stefan, will it ever be in the shop again? It doesn't seem so to me, so it's going to be a long wait ;)

• If I ever get my qr2 order you can have my qr1 just pay for shipping or if your impatient there are loads on ebay 2nd hand and also new.

Hope thus helps

• NavigatorNavigator Member
    edited December 2023

@PHILMEPOWERS, that's very nice of you! I would gladly accept that offer.

Ebay and I really, really don't get along so I looked at the Dutch local version of Ebay and what I find, is guys selling them for up to 2,5 times the price Fanatec used to ask...... One would think everyone is going to the QR2 and the market would be overflowed, but some even put it in the add: "well, you can't get them anymore at Fanatec" and even put a smiley behind that line :(

I can't help but thinking Fanatec screwed us over a bit: I'm perfectly happy with my QR and have no use to transition, but if I had my wall filled with all different kind of wheels, buying a new wheel would urge me to buy 15 new QR2's wheel side too. Well, they do already but I have only one wheel :)

• When they announced the new QR2s, they stated that in the future you would have a choice of QR1 or QR2 when ordering a DD or wheel.

Well surprise! (no surprise) They are not doing what they said they would do. Now new model bases come with the QR2, older bases are still QR1, no choice.