Clubsport V3 pedal

Brake pedal rumble motor cable located in a HORRIBLE spot.

Installing the brake performance kit has you CRUSHING the cable. Included plastic piece doesn't help as everything is all greased up and slippery.

I haven't tested out my pedals yet after installing the performance kit, if the cable is damaged. Can I return the V3 pedals for a different set? Another 1.5 month shipping time probably.

Comments

• Probably not.

Even though the routing for the rumble motor cable is not the best, it is what Fanatec intended.

If you damage the wire when installing the BPK, it is on you.

• Anyone that can install the BPK or damper kit on brake/throttle without pinching or completely severing the cable deserves a prize. As careful as I tried I wound up making both rumble motors useless, fortunately I really don't miss them as they weren't that strong to begin with.

• I can't imagine Fanatec not returning my unit within warranty.

• Vito AlibertiVito Aliberti Member
    edited December 2023

Good news, the rumble motor wasn't damaged. Cable held up. Thankfully.

I have a new problem now. Testing the rumble motors on the pedals work fine. But in games they don't activate. I tried Assetto Corsa and F1 2023 so far.

• Hello Dawid, after your conversation, I checked the cable myself, because I recently installed it on V3i, luckily I managed to do it ;p. As for the engines themselves, I feel that they are very weak. How's your DD shipment? I keep my fingers crossed that you will finally be satisfied!

• Hi Jakub,

Well done on the installation, hope you are enjoying the upgrade. Once I get used to the new feel the control is so much finer.

No change is the CS DD, I am at 13 business days since handover to warehouse so perhaps a Christmas gift from my wife (haha) will be more like a new years one instead.

Happy holiday and enjoy the racing.