Podium rally module on Xbox series x not working

So today I connected the module with my v2 hub and updated to driver 455 and updated all firmware on the base,hub,rally module ,it came to life and worked perfectly for 30 minutes,i turned off and returned later,wheelbase will not switch on and just cycle’s thru pc Xbox and compatibility modes endlessly,if i unplug the rally module it works perfectly and the hub as well,if i then plug back in the module the base just goes back to cycling thru the three modes,has anyone got it working correctly on series x,thanks for any advice

Comments

• Ok so just to update,my rally module is dead and non responsive,ticket taken out for repair with Fanatec,but I’m the back of a big queue at Christmas so it’s going to be slow and painful process,development of software side for console seems poor for this at the moment,so my advice would be hold of buying and give it 6 months before buying

• Marcel JeskeMarcel Jeske Member
    edited December 2023

isn‘t 455 still Beta? can you „update“ to 454? Maybe it‘s not hardware related…

also, you should add this to driver 455 discussion. I added my PlayStation 5 related problem to 454 discussion, another guy had the same problem, Fanatec guys could reproduce problem and announced fix „next year“. So maybe your and my problem may be fixed with 456.

• I’ve already added this to 455 discussion and have been advised it’s a hardware issue,the reason I chose not to use 454 is it’s causing big problems with podium endurance module already and has alot of other issues regarding FFB

• Sorry to hear that. Mine works fine except for sequential shifting issue…

I was surprised it even supports/ saves button illumination colour settings made in FanaLab on PC to have my own „colour code“ I use for all my cutton caps to be used on PlayStation (blue for ‚small vehicle related‘ functions like lights and wipers, red for ‚you shouldn‘t touch unintentionally‘ functions like handbrake and tire repair, yellow for ‚non directly vehicle related‘ functions like changing camera). Didn’t expect that because all other wheels I own do not support changes made in FanaLab to be used on PlayStation. Changes of rev light or display settings on the other hand don‘t have any effect.

• Well Fanatec support have emailed me and the process has begun which was alot quicker than expected,Christmas/new year will now get in the way but that’s inevitable, I just hope the new one works without problems,interesting info about fanalab and the lights I’m glad to hear that we can at least change the colours ,hopefully they can sort out your sequential shifter support sooner rather than later

• edited December 2023

Ok so just to update,sent support all requested information plus pictures plus video,received second email requesting i tightened screws,check pins on wheel,check I’m on latest driver/firmware,basically all the stuff i I’ve already done for myself straight away and told them about,they are not listening,rally module was bricked by driver/firmware 455, in my opinion,they are just clueless about this problem

• New update,after 4 emails i can finally return the module for testing/replacement,probably be at least a 3 week turnaround,this is a bloody painful process

• Just to Finnish off this post a new rally module was received yesterday and is now working perfectly (at the moment) on Xbox series x ,driver 455 using v2 hub

• Bryan MatheisBryan Matheis Member
    edited February 7

So, with your new rally module and using that with your xbox series x and a V2 hub, can you please tell me what game you are playing this on, like Assetto Corsa Compitizone or Fora MTR8? I’m very curious how many of the rally module buttons will work within xbox games, I would hope that with the two dpad thumb sticks that it would give support similar to what the xbox controller gives, loosing those now when using my V2 wheel hub and I’ve been considering buying the rally module in hopes of gaining more button functions in Assetto Corsa and Forza. If any one else has experience with the V2 hub and Rally module I’d like to hear about them.

• Hello, I’m using the hub for Wrc rally,ACC, Forza motorsport,Dirt rally 2,project cars 2,all working perfectly,the same buttons as always work for Xbox. The second D pad works the same as the left thumb stick it will not replicate the right thumbstick like your controller,the display will show your gear if your using a manual gearbox but not in sequential mode and it won’t show your speed,it lights up nicely and you can change button colours using fanalab on a laptop,Fanatec are supposed to be working with Microsoft to enable more functionality on this and all wheels,lets hope they do,I would recommend this as a button box for rally and also can be used with a formula style wheel