Replacing RJ12 cable of the Clubsport Pedals V3

Tim SchäferTim Schäfer Member
edited December 2023 in Pedals

Hi,

in short: did anyone successfully replace the RJ12 cable of the V3 pedals with a longer one?

Background: The RJ12 cable that connects the  Clubsport Pedals V3 to the wheel base is too short for me (I'm quite tall). I can connect via USB to the PC of course, but some games seem to have trouble with that setup (2 separate input devices), while they work fine if the pedals are connected via the wheel (example: Forza 4).

But in the Handbook, page 10, it says:

"IMPORTANT: Use only the USB cable or the RJ12 cable which is pack-aged with your ClubSport Pedals V3 to avoid damages on the ClubSportPedals V3 electronics!"

My question is: why does it say in the handbook you should only use the original RJ12 cable? Is it not actually the RJ12 standard, but some non-standard custom cable that just uses the RJ12 connector? Did anyone try replacing it or measure the contacts? Or is the statement in the handbook just meant to be one of these legal disclaimers, like "We are not responsible for RJ12 cables produced by others [even though they should of course work, it's a standard after all]"?

I need to replace it, but I don't want to brick the pedals.

Thanks,

Tim

Comments

• Yes, I have on my CSL Elite pedals. The cable that came with the pedals was faulty, so while I waited for a replacement I made a replacement myself. And now I use another home made cable for the throttle pedal, as I have a custom mount with the throttle normally mounted and the clutch and brake inverted.

Everything works just fine :)

• You can basically crimp your own. I used an RJ12 and Cat6 cable and made a straight through (no twisted wires). Worked like a charm.