Podium Button Module Rally does not support sequential shifting (on PlayStation 5)

I just received my new Podium Button Module Rally and installed it to an existing Podium Hub. After Installation I updated all my equipment to latest firmware of Driver Version 454.

My new Rally wheel setup doesn't work with sequential shifters. I use 2 Fanatec ClubSport Shifters SQ V 1.5 at the same time. First one is plugged in Shifter1 of a DD Pro wheel base used as H-pattern shifter next to my seat for older cars; second shifter is plugged in Shifter2 of the wheel base used as sequential shifter next to the wheel as used in modern WRC cars. When I'm trying to shift up or down with Shifter 2 nothing happens. When I shift into any gear of Shifter 1 gear is changed successfully. When I switch Shifter 1 to sequential shifting also nothing happens.

When I change my wheel to a Podium Button Module Endurance wheel everything works fine: sequential shifting of Shifter 2, H-pattern and sequential shifting of Shifter 1.

Sequential Shifting does not work with any Button Module if "map shifters" in driver menu isn't activated.

Problem can be reproduced with all possible combinations of shifter plugs and modes including using just one shifter at the same time as long Podium Button Module Rally is used.

Before installation of the Podium Button Module Rally I removed a ClubSport Button Cluster Packet and ClubSport Magnetic Paddle Module previously used with. With this Setup everything worked fine, too. So it cannot be the Podium Hub that is producing the problem.

Setup used:

PlayStation 5

DD Pro 8Nm (PS-Mode)

ClubSport Pedals V3

2x ClubSport Shifter SQ V1.5 (Shifter1 = H-pattern, Shifter2 = sequential)

2x ClubSport Handbrake V1.5 (only one plugged in at the same time depending on Shifter used)

Podium Hub + Podium Button Module Rally => no sequential shifting

Podium Hub + ClubSport Button Cluster Packet + ClubSport Magnetic Paddle Module => everything works fine

Podium Hub + Podium Button Module Endurance + Podium Advanced Paddle Module => everything works fine

ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 + Podium Advance Paddle Module => everything works fine

ClubSport BMW GT2 V2 => everything works fine

Problem can be reproduced in Gran Turismo and EA WRC with every plug in combinations and modes of the shifters. In EA WRC sequential shifting cannot be applied in controls menu as long as Podium Button Module Rally is used. As soon as I switch to a different wheel everything works fine as long as Podium Button Module Rally isn't used.

I guess it's either because there is no Paddle Module installed to the wheel/ Podium Hub with Podium Button Module Rally (that's the only thing I didn't try) or it's a problem with the Module firmware itself not supporting sequential shifting at the moment.

It would also be great if Driver Menu supported multiple shifters at the same time. When Shifter1 is plugged in I cannot see Shifter2. I plugged them in separately to make sure everything works fine and is recognized. I also calibrated both Shifters, so this can also not be the problem.

Have I mentioned that modern Rally without sequential shifting is pointless? 🤔😅

Comments