FedEx Won't Hold Package at Facility

I ordered the v3 pedals w/ damper and performance kit over the Black Friday deals and signed up for FedEx delivery manager. I was able to get the pedals to be held at a FedEx facility for pickup, but the damper and performance kit were set to not be allowed to be held for pickup by Fanatec. I tried calling FedEx, but they said there was nothing they could do. They suggested I update my delivery instructions to say not to deliver before I certain time. Obviously the driver did not do that and not those items are being sent back to Fanatec who are too busy to reply to any emails.

Has anyone else had this issue? I have more packages coming and don't want to deal with this again.

Comments

• I suspect that the value of the damper kit and BPK are low enough where a signature isn't required and they could leave porch side, perhaps.

• Unfortunately that was not the case as Fanatec themselves were the ones who marked the packages as restricted and unable to be held for pickup. In a surprising twist of events, the evening driver took the packages from the dayshift driver and delivered them after they had been marked for return to sender. Major credit to them for putting in that extra effort. My remaining packages were able to be marked for pickup so fingers crossed no more issues. Not surprising is that I have not heard back from Fanatec on any of this, nor do I expect to.