Finally an EU Shipping update

Just received this in my email - thoughts?

Dear customer,

Feedback we’ve received about our shipping delays directly from customers as well as via social media haven’t gone unnoticed, and the critique has been justified.

By placing an order with us, you also placed your trust in us to receive your goods in a timely manner or at least receive transparent status updates. We know full well we did not meet those expectations, and today want to finally provide you with good news.

As you may already know, hundreds of orders bound for countries outside the EU were impacted by incomplete export documentation. Some packages were in limbo, others returned to our new warehouse, often undocumented until recently. It’s been a laborious process sorting out each individual case in order to reconcile the situation.

The good news is we will be reshipping your order, for which you should receive a tracking number update as soon as your parcels are handed over to UPS. This should happen within the next few business days. You will also find updates in your Fanatec account.

Please note that UPS may bill the import charges for this reshipment to you. However, we will credit you any import charges on your original shipment if you are prompted to pay a second time if

• you already paid these and can provide us with a copy of both UPS invoices,
  • and provide us with either your PayPal account or bank transfer data.

Finally, we know a simple reshipment of your order is not enough to help you regain confidence in us as a reliable service partner. For this reason, we will be reaching out to you as soon as we’ve processed all open orders with a proper apology, in the hopes that a gesture of goodwill on our part is the first step in doing right by you.

Thank you for bearing with our challenges for so long.

Kind regards,

Team Fanatec

Personally, I had my order placed on the 11th of September, and I have since launched a Paypal case to get the funds back. Few weeks ago I went with a competitor's package, so I will refusing delivery if they do reship it in the end. This communication came way too late to have any loyalty preserved for Fanatec.

Comments

• Bien de la chance, j’ai commandé un volant le 30 août et je n’ai reçu que le qr1 , mon colis avec le volant retourné chez eux le 20 septembre et depuis plus rien, ni mails , ni suivi, le néant , je pense être oublié j’ai payé par carte depuis trop longtemps, je perd plus de 200€ , je pense ne plus jamais commandé quoique ce soit chez eux.

• Je n'ai pas reçu ce joli mail de fanatec. J'ai passé commande le 15 septembre et depuis aucunes informations

J'ai ouvert un litige avec Paypal j'espère recevoir une information de fanatec avant le 03 novembre car je la veux ma commande, si non l'argent sera recrédité sur mon compte

• I am in the EU (Spain) and have been waiting for a month now. Excuses of wrong export documentation is invalid here!!

Miguel

• I hope they actually action it, they didn't for me. Here's what they sent to me when I confirmed I wanted reshipment:

---

Dear Ben, 

Thank you for your confirmation. 

I completely understand how you feel about this and I truly apologize in the name of the company and all of us working here. 

I have now reached out to our warehouse and requested an immediate reshipment via UPS Express Saver.

Moreover, as soon as they provide me with the tracking number, I will let you know.

---

That was two and a half weeks ago. They dropped that on me and went totally dark again - I really hope they don't do the same to you.

• I got the same email and now they have generated another order for me with no charge. Let's see where this goes. Not holding my breath.