Firmware Manager Hangs CSL Elite

Hello i bought a Fanatec CSL Elite and i want to update it but it won't let me. Does anyone had already the same problem? Need help please.

Comments

• You should maybe try to update to an older driver first. The firmware of that base is ancient old (at least 5 years).

Could be that a straight jump from such an old Firmware to the most recent one makes trouble ...

I would suggest to start with installing driver 402 and try the firmware update in that package. Afterwards you can go to 451 ..

• Thank it worked installing older driver versions first and then going up to the .451

• I'm having a similar issue, where can I download de 402 drivers?

• edited August 2023

• Support answered my ticked and I was able to solve the issue.

----------------------------------

Hello Marcelo,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear about your problem and will gladly assist you!

In order to cross out an issue on the software side, we recommend performing the following steps:

1. Uninstall the current FANATEC Driver Package.  

2. Check for any pending Windows Updates. These should also be performed if available.

3. Install this older driver (336) linked below:

→ https://forum.fanatec.com/uploads/635/B0GTCZGBEQ56.zip

4. Start the wheel base by holding down the power button for 8 seconds, this will force a firmware update. After that, the wheel base should be working normally, but is on older firmware.

5. Download and install the latest FANATEC Driver Package. Following the link below will take you to the specified version:

→ https://fanatec.com/eu-en/driver

6. Flash firmware through the automatic process.

7. Once you have performed the steps listed above, open the FANATEC Control Panel, and verify the proper functionality of your device(s).

If the problem persists, let us know and we can proceed with the next steps.

If you have any further questions, you can always come back to us. We will be glad to help you out!

I wish you a nice day, and please take care!

Best regards / Freundliche Grüße

Simon

(Fanatec Support Team)