DD PRO 8NM interference with HTC Vive Pro 2 Headset Tracking

when using either a HTC Vive Pro 2 VR headset, the headset tracking drops out ( headset video goes grey) when I touch the sides or bottom of the VR headset when I'm sitting in the simulator. If I turn the power to the DD PRO off, the problem goes away. If I stand up and move a few feet from the DD PRO, the problem goes away. This makes it impossible to adjust the IPD or the headset position while the DD PRO is on.

Comments

• Does the problem disappear as soon as you get up from the simulator, and therefore as soon as you have no contact, or do you have to move a few metres?

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited August 2023

it called electronic interference's, most likely need use the ferrite cores for your cables for reduce those issues

if that is your power supply for HTC Vive pro2 then this is already bad sight, because this days usually for power cables included the ferride cores

fanatec self uses this but that would not fix if all other stuff not use those

• You will have to do some boring work, which many people refuse to do.

First I would remove the GT DD Pro base from the simulator and set it on a desk. Then I would repeat all the tests, sitting on the simulator with the wheelbase on. There will most likely be no interference.

So it's a question of isolating the plate that holds the wheelbase, or of connecting it to the home ground network.

Many choose the first solution because it seems easier. It's all about using insulating washers. However you obviously be used 2 plastic washers for a single screw, one under the wheelbase and one under the platter. It would be better to replace the washer under the wheelbase with a full insulating surface, due to the weight and the FFB. Even a compact carton, such as Amazon envelopes (envelopes, not boxes), will do. If well shaped under wheelbase it will not be noticeable. Sort of like an engine head gasket.

At this point very few people realize that the thread of the screw is uncovered and that it will cause the electrical contact.

There are washers with a "T" shoulder on the market, but they are difficult to find especially in the M6 ​​format that you need. Then you can cover the screw thread with the right amount of electrician's tape, cutting it with scissors or a cutter to the right size. The measurement is the thickness of the plate plus the thickness of the 2 washers. By doing this your wheelbase should be isolated from the plate.

First of all, however, do the initial test, because it is useless to operate at random, without knowing if it is possible to solve the problem. If the interference is present even with the simulator's isolated wheelbase, the solution must be sought elsewhere.