DD1 wheel base not detected after update to 451

Somehow this keeps happening to me, and I don't know how to avoid it. I updated to 451 and now my DD1 wheel base (and wheel) are not detected in Fanatec Control Panel and in Fanalab. I have no idea what info I need to provide to let you understand what I did, but I read in various other posts that I might have updated bits in the wrong order...

I got to the update via Fanalabs (to right, blinked 'new update'). Clicked it, downloaded it and installed the 64bit version (im on 64bit)... If this is not correct, why is this path still available?

This is what I see.

I have held the power on button for 10 sec and followed the prompts... but im unsure if that did anything... It didnt solve my issue though...

Any help appreciated!

Luc

Comments

• I have also done all of these, except #7 as I dont know how to do this:

• This is getting crazier as we go on to find an answer...

I found this PDF https://admin.forum.fanatec.com/uploads/187/VZWXOL7O4SEJ.pdf titled 'Firmware Recovery Instructions for Podium DD'. Sounds good,...

The PFD reads: If Motor Firmware is 3.0.0.2 (Likely happened while downgrading to an older driver) 1. Install driver 442 (because it contains the correct base firmware to match the current motor firmware)

But the site where the 442 driver should be downloadable from, ,https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/26105/fanatec-driver-442-beta-for-csl-csw-and-podium-wb-all-wheels/p1, states

Download temporarily removed to prevent further cases of problems with upgrading firmware. We'll implement several measure to prevent an update being possible in an incorrect order as well as clearer instructions on how to perform the update/downgrade correctly including guidance on how to recover a product from a state where it can't get detected anymore.

In case you are affected by the update issue and your Podium DD is not working correctly, not detected by the PC and fan running at 100%: Follow the instructions of this PDF

so... it states to install 442, but 442 is not available and refers to a PDF that states to install 442... Makes no sense!

• Did anyone figure out how to fix this? I have exactly the same issue with my Dd1, and have had zero success with all of the same stuff listed in the 'Firmware Recovery Instructions for Podium DD' document.

• HELLO, I HAVE THE SAME PROBEL...HOW IS IT SOLVED?