Which mode for CSL DD?

A co-worker is letting me borrow his PC for this week. I've got a CSL DD with a Formula V2 rim that' I've been using on Xbox Series X. When I first connected the CSL DD to the PC I put it in PC mode. I downloaded ACC and all of the DLC's. I could still use the wheel but had no FFB at all. Plus the rev & shift lights don't work. I thought there might be a problem since his PC probably didn't recognize the Fanatec wheel as a device. I downloaded the Fanatec control panel and updated the driver and firmware and suddenly I had FFB.

But during the updates it switched the mode to compatibility (yellow). After driving for awhile I switched it to PC mode and the FFB went away again. Tried switching it back to yellow but the FFB still wasn't there. Turned off the wheel and turned it back on again and the FFB returned as long as it was in yellow mode. It also reset the control panel settings.

So which mode are you supposed to use, PC or Compatibility? I think most of the settings in here say compatibility. A lot of people on Youtube say PC mode.

Plus I thought once I connected this wheel to a PC all of the lights would work. How do I get full functionality of the rim?

Comments

• Actually, this is described in the Quick Guide of your steering wheel and also the base.

The PC mode (red) is for the PC, the compatibility mode (yellow) is for games that do not know the CSL DD, so the base is recognized in this mode as Clubsport V2.5.

So when you are at the PC, you set the PC Mode

• Yes I saw that. But still when it was in PC mode nothing happened, no FFB. When it went into yellow, full FFB. That's what's confusing me. Why do I have no FFB in red if that's the mode you're supposed to play with?

• This happened because you configured the game to yellow mode and switched to red mode without exiting the game. For gaming the red and yellow modes are completely different steering wheels. When you switch modes you have to reconfigure the game from scratch.

• I didn't configure it that way. I was in red mode and it switched itself to yellow. I just left it there because it worked. Should it be in red mode? Is that better than yellow? How do you reconfigure the game?

• I have exactly the same experience....but the most important thing is that it works well...yellow or red. My games are AMS2/ ACC/ WRCG/ RR....and I experience that the ingame settings work well on the yellow ones.

ACC does not recognize my steering wheel on red.

WRCG the ingame settings does not work on red

So I play on yellow modus en get good ffb.