McLaren GT3 V2 Wheel "crashes"

Ok, now its getting a bit annoying with NEW Fanatec stuff:

I had the problem with the steering wheel, which was probably caused by the bad QR1 Lite adapter, which could be fixed with tape. I mean, its a brand new wheel base and wheel, and you have to use tape, Thats actually unacceptable if you ask me. But ok, it seems to work, i could live with it.

Now i got my McLaren GT3 v2 wheel today and have SOME issues with it:

- while driving, the steering wheel stops working in the middle of driving. 

The OLED Display stops showing the Speed ( for example if you were driving 150 it lasts there), you can't shift gears, the gas/brakes work (because it comes from the pedals). I then have to unplug the steering wheel from the wheel base and reconnect it then it works again for 1,2, 5 or 10 laps. Happened to me about 5-6 times today.

This alone is very, VERY annoying

-- second Problem: FFB has dropouts, but ONLY when i do right corners. Never happens on left corners

That happens constantly on nearly every right corner where FFB is active. So i thought: maybe its again the tape thingie and i put on 2nd tape on the wheel base, but it doesnt help. And btw this doesnt happen with my BMW Wheel!

I also tried to submit a ticket for that today, but god..this form on the website is a mess. I'm not sure if i was able to deliver it, have to try it again i'm afraid of.

So what to do, is there also a hot tip to fix it except buying the 100 Dollar QR1 Metall-Adapter ?

I guess Fanatec knows of the Problem, maybe thats the reason why they send 2 QR1 Lite Adapters with the McLaren Wheel.

I mean, i know, this is beginner stuff, but it nevertheless costs 700 Bucks! Seems a bit ridiculous to me.

Comments

• Ok..i dont have a clue why that is....i removed ALL of the tape on the wheelbase (which was the fix for the BMW Wheel, my other thread), and today the McLaren wheel is working like a charme.....

In AMS2 it dont looses FFB in any corner of the Nordschleife, also in 10 rounds nürburgring in ACC it didnt crash, and also dont looses FFB.

I think no one can explain that ?

So to use a full wheel i have to tape it, for the GT wheels remove it ? Does not make sense to me.

• Day three, and its worser than on day one again. The Wheel constantly crashes in AMS2. Sometimes it stops working, just to work again a corner later.

I made a video today, and luckily was able to send a support ticket, They said it could be to seven days before i get any reaction.