New CSL-DD strange behaviours

I bought the Ready2Race Bundle in 8NM with the BMW Wheel.

3 Days it was just fine, when i played today the (i guess it is) wheelbase has a strange behaviour which wasnt yesterday or the day before.

This is the problem (picture to help understand):

This marked part is behaving like this:

with more force feedback in ACC i steer the wheel to the LEFT, the part jumps to the right for approx 1mm.

On a next corner i move the Wheel RIGHT and the thing is "Jumpin" to the left 1mm.

This is very annoying and i'am pretty sure its not like it should be.

I tried to put the wheel again on the wheel base, but it doenst help. seems to me its the wheeel base which has a flaw.

also i saw the video to re-seat the quickl release, but thats not the problem.

Someone has an idea ? If its a small thing i wouldnt mind, but i think of returning it.

Comments

• edited June 2023

It's not the hub that moves, but the plastic QRLite.

The tunnel on the hub is much wider than the bump on the QRL so there is reciprocal movement, which you can easily see when you don't squeeze the QR.

When you squeeze the QR the grip prevents this movement, however when the FFB force is high enough, the grip is broken, and the two sides move.

The quickest way to fix this is to place a few layers of tape over the hub tunnel.

• Ok, seems really that its exactly this. Took a stripe of panzer tape and looks like its gone.

So is this going to be worse in the future ? And will the QR1 Wheel Side Adapter fixing this ?

Was just wondering because the first 3 days this was no a problem at all.

Thx again for your help, mate!

• QR1 is obviously better, but it's also not completely solid. It has a lot of lateral movement, some very little slip, and makes a lot of noise on the curbs.

To date I have replaced both QRLite with QR1, it was an improvement, but also an extra expense. I gave up on getting QRLite to work, for the simple reason that it doesn't work, it ruins the fun and immersion. And QR1 doesn't seem final either.

Fanatec produces excellent wheelbases with DD technology, and good steering wheels, but at the moment it has nothing that can hold them together in a solid way. And when it does, if it does, it will be expensive and practically mandatory.

I realize I'm continuing to spend money on Fanatec, but not because I believe in the product, or to expand and improve my simracing experience, but just to try and get this gimmick to work. Also I've had to deal with customer service, and they're not up to par, I'm concerned about having an out of warranty fault and knowing it won't be fixed. For these reasons I have decided not to spend a single euro on Fanatec equipment and when I feel the need for an upgrade, to switch to Moza or Simagic.

€/$400 for a complete DD system sounds like a bargain, but is it really?

• Although it's really fun with a DD steering wheel, I now always have in mind that it had to be fixed with tape, and thats after only 3 days. So of course I'm wondering if it will get worse in the future. Actually, it shouldn't happen that quickly, or it's not well developed.

Maybe I should have paid $50 more for another year of warranty.😏

• Solved with the QR2. Glad I bought this.