DD2 Disconnects When Wheel Gets Attached (450 Firmware)

When I updated the firmware to 450 my DD2 stopped recognizing my podium hub and wheel. I turned the DD2 off to see if this made a difference. Whenever I turned the DD2 base back on it turns on and has power but then disconnects and the display on the base goes blank. I have tried downgrading the firmware to no success. The same issue still exists. I have done this multiple times with multiple firmwares. The only hang up I have is once I do a firmware update and it shows the wheel within the control panel it displays, steering wheel firmware update recovery yet this also fails every time.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Looking to get back up and running!

Comments

• edited May 2023

This is a known issue with the WQR board of some bases.

You need to contact the support to get it repaired.

• Thank you! I have already reached out to them. This is the first time this issue has happened to me. Was hoping for a quick fix but I’ll just have to be patient. Appreciate the quick response!

• I have had the DD2 since launch, and recnelty got disconnects after 9 months of zero issues. turns out it was my USB cable that simply has not been unplugged for "years" and its 4-5 years now. so if i touched the cable it disconnected. or if FFB was high it disconnected during race. i was just about to write fanatec. but i tried unplug and plug the usb 5-6 times and now its all solid. I guess its called micro corrosion.

but all good now :) zero disconnects