CSL P1 For Playstation 4 Wheel Rim - Upshift stuck, doesn't have a 'click' anymore

G'day all,

I was wondering if anyone had any solutions to a stuck upshift paddle. I was playing iRacing on Sunday and my shifter got jammed with the shifter stuck sending a signal to the game. The only way I could shift was to move the paddle away from the wheel rim back to the wheel base to stop the button press.

I watched a Sim Racing Garage video and I pulled apart the wheel rim and noticed that one of the two silver buttons on the circuit board for upshifts had popped whilst the one responsible for downshifts looks the way it should be. The plastic pin on the upshift had worn rubber stops on the end.

I've swapped the upshift pin for the downshift pin, tested the wheel rim and I have no issues recognizing any buttons.

My question to people here is, is there a modification that could be made to get some more life out of this rim? If there is no modification is there anyway that Fanatec would take the wheel rim back and recondition it? I doubt with how small sim-racing is in Australia there isn't a 3rd party repairer or anything like that.

Kind Regards

Janwyl

Comments

• I've been trying to register this device through the Fanatec website, the wheel is 4 years old and I still hjave the serial number.

I am unable to open a support ticket as the hCaptcha keeps failing. Is there an issue with the website or is it something on my end.