Csl DD 8nm freezes under high ffb

Hi guys,

Recently i have upgraded my graphics card from a 2070 super to a 3080. Ever since the upgrade my csl dd freezes under high force feedback scenarios like turn 1 or the last turn at bathurst. It just loses all the force feedback, buttons stop working and the speed is stuck on the mclaren v2 display.

Steps i have taken to try and solve the issue:

a) Taken the shaft out and rescrewed the collar. Didnt help

b) Reinstalled the fanatec drivers. This didnt help either

c) Turned off the USB power saving option in windows. Didnt help either

Im stuck. Dont know what else to try. I have saved a crash log and it comes up with the following error: CFAWForceFeedback::DeviceID Failed! DIERR_DEVICENOTREG

I have one more idea. Im thinking that since i only got a 750w power supply with a 3080, there not enough power to go through the Usb, hence the crashes under high ffb. Could that be a thing? Please help as it so frustrating not beeing able to race

Regards,

George

Comments

• I'm having the exact same issue with my CSL DD 8Nm. Basically, after one or a few laps the screen in the wheel freezes to a certain gear number and I the buttons in the wheel stop working. I'm on driver 447 and I have tried so far:

• Reconnecting the shaft and tightening the clamp up
    • Reconnecting the metal quick release and tightening the bolt up
    • Changing USB ports (3.0/3.1)
    • Using a USB 2.0 hub
    • Disabling USB power savings
    • Updating BIOS/Chipset drivers
    • Setting PCI express to 3.0 instead of 4.0

I don't know what else to try. The issue seems random, sometimes it happens after a lap in Automobilista 2, sometimes it takes a while longer. Not sure what else to do.

• This last case looks similar to EMI problems.

Try watching this thread to find a solution that suits you best.

The problem discussed is not similar to yours, but the solution may be.

It seems that these kinds of problems happen when the wheelbase casing makes metal-to-metal contact with the Cockpit.

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/25344/csl-dd-mclaren-v2-in-game-controls-lock-up-recurring-issue

• I tried all the EMI mitigation steps suggested in the thread you linked, but it didn't solve the problem unfortunately.

• Eric MoffattEric Moffatt Member
    edited January 2023

My  issue with my CSL DD pro playstation 8Nm, mine will randomly lose all gears in the middle of a race GT7 and can only get them back by rebooting the base unit. No real sequence I've noticed to what's causing it, but it's happened on the new CSL dd pro wheel and McLaren GT3 V2 wheel also in me