Oh UPS.... (UK)

A warning to anyone looking to purchase Fanatec products in the near future.... unfortunately they use UPS! This is probably the most annoying part of the whole process. I was asked to pay some custom fee's as was expected and I normally pay this with the driver on collection however seeing as I was getting a whole new setup I figiured I would pay these fee's early with UPS over the phone. What a mistake that was! Paying the fee's over the phone triggered a delay in my shipment despite all 4 items being at the final depot. Three of my items have now been delivered (Mclaren Wheel, QR Light and Clubsport QR) but of course the actual DD base has now been delayed as a result of me paying the fees when they asked me to.

Not sure how that works really!

Comments

• I had to pay vat to ups the website would not accept my mastercard I had to set up a paypal account and use that to pay, the next time I ordered from fanantec ups never informed me that I would have to pay vat. Good job I was aware i would have to pay and made sure I had some money plus the driver didnt have any change

• Sometimes they forget, so got load cell pedals and face plates VAT free :)

• VAT is added buy the supplier on goods under £135. I didn't need to pay extra for the loadcell or pedal tuning kit that were ordered separately. Anything over that amount then you have to pay the courier.