McLaren GT3 Rim Disconnects mid session

Hi all hope someone can help, at the start of the year i got a CSL DD, Mclaren GT3 rim, CSL Rim the black friday £99 one. since then its been great and loved every minute but recently my Mclaren rim has decided it wants to disconnect half way through a race or while im practicing etc, i have issues with the other rim but i dont want to use that for GT3 or LMP2 racing, i have also tested it with other sims and have had zero issues, spent a good 4hours on assetto corsa not a single issue, went back to iracing and within 10 minutes it disconnected.

when it disconnects i can still turn the car but cant press any buttons and it also sticks which ever pedal i was pressing at the time. this has caused me to crash on a couple of occasions and would like to fix it before it causes more problems.

Hope someone can help me out. thanks, Jacob

Comments

• Are both steering wheels connected with QR lite?

If so, try putting a strip of duct tape on the hub duct. It is possible that the McLaren steering wheel slips on the hub and the pins lose contact. I know someone in the forum had the same problem.

• jacob Moneyjacob Money Member
    edited July 2022

it has the basic Adapter connected to the rear of the wheel, would you say its worth looking to get the Quick Release adapter to put on it?

Currently have the ;

QR1 Lite Wheel-side (simplified Quick Release adaptor)

should i order ;

QR1 Wheel-Side (clubsport quick release adaptor)

??

• Sounds an awful lot like what I first started experiencing a few months ago:

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/25344/csl-dd-mclaren-v2-in-game-controls-lock-up-recurring-issue/p1

There's quite a bit of info there, so TL;DR is that my problems seem to have been a result of EMI/grounding issues. I attached a bunch of ferrite beads to all of my connecting cables, and isolated my base from my rig using rubber washers, and by wrapping the connecting screws with a thin piece of electrical tape where they pass through the mounting plate so that there is no metal-on-metal contact. So far, after several weeks of use, this seems to have done the trick.

• its only on Iracing for me tho and its only the one wheel, im tempted to get the other adaptor and see if that helps but i have no idea if it will

• Try duct tape. I don't find the discussion, but someone solved it like this.

Or, reverse the 2 QRLites of your wheels, so you'll understand if that's the problem.