FanaLab won't open and crashes on splash screen

edited May 2022 in Third-Party Software

Hello, this is not Third-Party Software but since the other forums are locked for new discussions, for some reason, I'm going to post this here.

FanaLab: 1.63.6

Fanatec Drivers 440, all firmware updated to the latest version as of 29/05/2022

I ran into this issue unexpectedly after booting my computer and turning on my wheel to play. I suddenly couldn't open FanaLab to load my profiles and telemetry.

I have no idea why it stopped working other than an windows update "2022-05 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 11 for x64 (KB5013889)" which ran when I shut down the computer the night before.

I have tried everything to fix this. I have read every post regarding issues with FanaLab on this forum, reddit etc.

Removed FanaLab and Fanatec Drivers, reinstalled. Tried previous versions. I even tried restoring my pc to before the Windows update but to no avail. I still get nowhere further than the big black splash screen with the Fanatec logo which disappears promptly.

I don't know what to do and nothing seems to work. If anyone else having this issue and has found a way to solve this please post your solution here :)

Or if a Endor employee takes a look at this i have the logs from event viewer attached here and an error code: 0xE0434352, if that helps in any way.

At this point im just desperate to get my telemetry working again.

Thanks in advance!

/ Magnus

Comments

• When you uninstall Fanalab and/or the Fanatec drivers, try doing a manual search for anything named Fanatec or Endor. I think there may be some settings files that get left behind when you uninstall. (Make a copy of anything you find before you delete it of course, just in case).

Not saying this will definitely solve your problems, but might be worth a try.

• edited May 2022

Hello

exactly the same thing happened with me

everything worked fine yesterday

today only the fanalab logo appears for a few seconds

reinstalling the drivers did not help

https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/9162952?key=da566ef2750130bbb14acd191d0011b5

• edited May 2022

I'm having the exact same issue and it's come up sometime in the past week as well.

I've tried uninstalling and removing any files in appdata to no avail.

I also rolled back windows a couple of weeks in case an update broke it but that hasn't made a difference either.

Very frustrating

• After reading comments on the FanaLab release posts someone mentioned you could downgrade to 1.61.3 and that still works. Everything above is broken and can't launch. A lot of features missing compared to the latest version.

• edited May 2022

Complete removal of FanaLab Software is explained here:

But this still doesn't solve the issue.

• Yep I already followed that removal/reinstallation method, nothing doing :(

• as of today - none of the phantalab versions - is useless

installation on a freshly installed windows system - does not work

• Billy IbrahimBilly Ibrahim Member
    edited August 2023

Had the same issue. If like me you had recently used the custom car settings to add a car, make sure it hasn't caused a conflicting error with other files due to what it might be named. For example. i added a car to AC (which was the Mitsubishi EVO time attack car) i tried everything just like you guys and once i deleted that it was fine. I may double check by reinstalling same car.

Hope this explains. Also just confirmed it was definitely that car, that was causing the issue for me. But not sure if definnetly the car itself or what it automatically names it due to prob not being done on fanalab yet with that specific car so maybe change name in original name in xml to something different if its the same issue an that is the cause.