Gran Turismo 7 (PS4/PS5) - Fanatec Recommended Settings

Comments

• What I really don't understand is, if the dd pro is an official GT7 product, has anyone from the polyphony development team and/or the fanatec team tested it? It is a very noticeable problem, they cannot ignore it.

Nobody from the fanatec team reads the forum? They do not have any contact with polyphony to inform and try to reach a solution?

Or is the relationship just commercial? they pay they put the logo on the steering wheel and bye?

• edited June 2022

Exactly same feeling like Altor Morales. I really don't understand this. No care about customers. And as a customer of both companies I don't like the attitude of both of them. I can't judge who is responsible for this mess. But the overall result is a total unplayable trash.

And new LICENSED wheel should the first with the best FFB support. No excuses!

• And new LICENSED wheel should the first with the best FFB support. No excuses!

THIS!

• Something is really wrong here with this FFB, I hope Fanatec is reading us.

I really think that the official wheel is still the T-GT for PD. We will see at the next Gran Turismo’s Showcase Live Events the wheel they choose to use...

• Today I plugged back my CSL Elite :

Game Settings

• FFMT : 3 - 5 (3 for road cars and 4/5 for race cars)
    • FFS : doesn't matter I can't see any difference between 1 and 10...

Wheel Settings

• SEN : AUT
    • FF : 100
    • FOR : 100
    • SPR : OFF (not used by GT)
    • DPR : OFF (not used by GT)
    • FEI : 100
    • DRI : OFF (absolutely no artificial damper effect added)

The overall feeling was a little more detailed and this strange "just a spring effect towards middle" was not here anymore 

I plugged back my DD Pro just to be sure :

Game Settings

• FFMT : 3 - 5 (3 for road cars and 4/5 for race cars)
    • FFS : doesn't matter I can't see any difference between 1 and 10...

Wheel Settings

• SEN : AUT
    • FFS : PEAK
    • FF : 100
    • FOR : 100
    • SPR : OFF (not used by GT)
    • DPR : OFF (not used by GT)
    • FEI : 100
    • INT : OFF
    • NDP : OFF (no artificial damper effect added to really work with the raw signal)
    • NFR : OFF (no artificial damper effect added to really work with the raw signal)
    • NIN : OFF (no artificial damper effect added to really work with the raw signal)

I was not dreaming, the game was more enjoyable with my old CSL Elite ! In each corner I could feel this strange "just a spring effect towards middle".

At first I thought that it was because of not using NDP, so I added some but this strange feeling was still there... I've finally discovered that using a FFMT between 1-3 and then it was probably not far from my CSL Elite feeling. With an FFMT >= 4 the "just a spring effect towards middle" aka "software clipping" is all over the place (at least in Gr3 cars). If FFMT @3 is too light you can use a FOR @110/120 to simulate a FFMT @3.5.

Nevertheless something is really wrong with the FFB in this game. I don't have the possibility to launch GT Sport without buying it again but I'm pretty sure the FFB was better implemented. I hope PD is reading this...

• They reverted back to 1.13 Update. 1.13 update was and is crap.

Sorry but it's just disrespect to all of us who pay a big amount of money to have the "elite" of wheel bases. I feel I'd get a better deal buying the T80.

You guys need to talk to PD or people will migrate to other games and wheel bases.

"Now we have their money, let us focus on the next product to sell and make more money". This is how I feel is your marketing view.

• But you do know that it's fully up to a game Developer how they integrate FFB, yes?!

Fanatec is not the party to blame here. Fanatec can not dictate them how to do FFB.

Please shout your voice to PD and not Fanatec.

• I understand that you are right and that the development of the FF is PD's fault, but we are talking about an official product, right?

Don't you think Fanatec should protect their customers and talk to PD to fix it?

• Sure Fanatec can talk to them and point out that the customers are not happy with the current FFB, but its still fully up to PD if they want to change it or not. Fanatec would not be able to "force" them to do so.

• Yes of course they should talk to them and tell them they're spitting on their customers faces by launching a game full of bugs.

Yes I do know. But I also know that maybe Fanatec should pressure more PD.

• edited June 2022

The problem is Fanatec claims "the official Direct Drive Wheel for Gran Turismo", "designed for Gran Turismo", "Designed in collaboration with Polyphony Digital" etc. https://gtddpro.fanatec.com/ So as a customer I had a feeling buying Fanatac DD Pro is the best option to experience GT7 game. Now I'm having the feeling that only "official" thing is having GT logo on the wheel and not the best FFB support. That's the why I think Fanatec should make some pressure on PD. For sure the PD is responsible for the development of FFB. But also Fanatec's good name is in the risk. And honestly I thought if there is a wheel selection in game that means each wheel is having different FFB output for each wheel to provide best FFB experience and it's developed together with PD and Fanatec/Thrustmaster/Logitech experts. Now it seems it's just for mapping a buttons.

The worst thing is we know now FFB in GT7 could be great and now having this trash. I have no reason to play GT7 until they fix it. And in this in mind I'll never buy a Gran Turismo again.

I changed G29 for DD Pro for this?

• Nate SheppardNate Sheppard Member
    edited June 2022

"The worst thing is we know now FFB in GT7 could be great and now having this trash."

I think this is what is getting me all messed up. I took a small break right before 1.15 came out, and then I returned and started racing a lot almost daily, and then 1.16 came out and I thought I was going insane with how the feedback got so dull. My hope is that the "emergency patch" of 1.15 was actually something they were working on and just haven't dialed it in yet. I mean when you think about it, if overall strength was what they were worried about, there's prolly one setting they could've lazily turned down and called it an emergency, but we actually got all new feedback detail.

I'm hoping. I also can't imagine that only three months in, this are the best physics we are going to get- it's just disappointing. I mean I've loved playing the game since day 1, but as a new wheel user, 1.15 had given me something I didn't know I was missing, and then 1.16 took it back away from me.

(Sorry if this keeps showing up, I guess I tried to edit the post too quickly for grammar or something I forgot, and it just disappears and I have to repost it.)

• But are you aware that fanatec has contacted them to tell them that 1.15 was better and we want to go back to it?

If I worked at fanatec it would take me 2 minutes to post a response in the thread informing them that I have contacted them, that I am doing something, etc.

This seems like the wailing wall right now, and it seems like no one from fanatec checks the forum and it's absolutely no use hanging around here.

• edited June 2022

Just because noone from Fanatec wrote here doesn't mean they did not read this and forward it to PD. In fact they did. It's now fully up to PD to either hear to the Community and adjust the FFB - or not. But that's not in Fanatecs hands.

• just then fanatec inform its customers that the partnership with the GT7 does not depend on fanatec, that the steering wheel was released for the game but it is not the best wheel option at the moment, that there is no forecast to be corrected, it is very frustrating to invest in a device that is not supported

• The device is supported how it is supported since Day1.

• the only support I have seen and that depends on the PD, fanatec just wants to sell more, the rest depends on the PD so they are making the fanatec brand poorly spoken, that I only see complaints for several days and no solution.

• if the problem is with them how does fanatec accept this? does fanatec accept a partnership where it harms itself and does not take any action, it just says that it depends on them that you can't do anything?

• Nobody complained about the FFB before update 1.15 was released where PD reduced the FFB strength.

If PD dont want to change the FFB, then it's their decision and everyone can "enjoy" the FFB like it was from Day1 where nobody complained.

• I wish they had never put the FF of 1.15. Until that moment I was calm (it was a bad FF, but I didn't know any other). Now knowing how well it can go, and what can be improved with a good FF, it seems unfortunate that we return to the previous. I have put the configuration that I had before and I have given many laps, but now it does not work for me. I lose the desire to continue playing when I am unable to feel the asphalt with the wheel and I am not able to get close to my own times.

• I am deeply disappointed with Fantec Gt7 Poligram and ps5 i come from a trustmaster t150 and i think i will change my whole system to another hobby! I was happy at first with my dd pro but after the update it became a 50 € toy for children and I spent 2300 € in three orders in a month's time! up to now I have played in purple mode x dab but tonight this mode does not go well I have a lot of respect for Fanetec but all this has become unbearable already I work during the day and in the evening I want to play without looking at reviews of other desperate customers to try to improve the FFB so please fix it shortly because I'm tired as many! in the evening I want to relax and not work for you, however, if you want, I send you my professional resume, you will surely appreciate Daniele Palma with esteem and respect

• 82828282 Member

For DD1 wheelbase users:

I turned in-game FF max torque down to 2, while:

FFB: 90

NDP: 45

NFI: 30

NIN: 10

INT: 2

FEI: 100

FOR: 100

Anyone want to give this a try?

• Hi everyone I don't know what happened but trying again an hour after my post the ffb seems to work again even in Ps5 mode I'm happy but also a little confused thanks Fanatec I continue to have great faith in you but you have to be more careful with Polygran Gt7 🙂

🙂🙂🙂👍🥂

• Well, there is not much to add rather than acknowledge the pure economical and branding-oriented nature of this partnership.

But eventually they gonna get it right, maybe, or maybe not....GT7 is only few months since its release so give them some time to figure out something that should've been almost 'perfect' since day one, as an 'official' product. 😉

Yeah, maybe, or maybe not. You still have a choice, do you?.

Arrogance is an understatement 😊

Have a great day!

Ciaooooooo!!!

• Tweet your dissatisfaction at them on Twitter @thegranturismo, @Kay_Yamauchi, @playstation, any others? and pray...

In the meantime, ACC is free on PS Plus Extra, and the FFB/driving is amazing - I prefer GT7, but if PD don't fix this I might never return - after this I'll be paying very close attention to what Turn10 do with FM next year.

• Thanks Stuart - I've been tweeting @thegranturismo - is there not a PD handle?

My feelings mirror others here - PD responsible, for sure, but hopefully Fanatec are kicking up a stink too, as they will have more gravitas than us. After the investment we've made in these officially endorsed products, both PD and Fanatec offer us a certain amount of dedication to find an optimal solution, in my opinion.

• @fanatec

@thegranturismo

@playstation

This is where my tweets are directed, as well as DM to @thegranturismo

Hopefully something is done about it, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Stuart AllenStuart Allen Member
    edited June 2022

I'm pretty gutted, I finished my rig on the day PD dropped 1.15, messed around trying to get that to something approaching what I imagined it should be like - without a solid frame of reference it was hard to know - then 1.16 came along and made it worse... should have played ACC first, I would've know something was seriously wrong from the start... 

I've given Fanatec a huge chunk of change for something that does not do what it is supposed to do (i.e. it's faulty) due to a third party... and publicly Fanatec are taking an unhelpful stance (washing their hands of it).

The worst part is the lack of a GT community manager on one of the forums, on Twitter, anywhere! saying "yeah we know, we're working on it". Then I wouldn't be compelled to look for alternatives... it's not a good look.

I'll continue to tweet into the void...

Edit:

I mistyped  @Kaz_Yamauchi above.

There doesn't appear to be PD handle, and their contact page seems unhelpful https://www.polyphony.co.jp/contact/