FFB Degradation - Still present, with latest drivers

Hello,

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/ffb-becomes-grainy-after-session-change.66959/

• This is still a problem on DD1 with the latest drivers. It happens at session change or when returning to garage.

DD1 settings: 

Steering angle: auto, FFB Strength: 100, FFB Scaling: Peak, 

Natural Damper/Friction/Inertia: OFF, 

FFB Interpolation: 3, Force Effect Intensity: 100,

Force/Spring/Damper Effect Strength: 100.

In game FFB Smoothing: 1.

Thank you

Comments

• Set DPR to OFF and the issue is gone.

Its a game issue where the game spams the DPR channel for no reason which the game Developers need to fix. They are aware of the issue.

• Hello,

Yes, I know that there is the solution. I just wanted to post this so that the problem is not forgotten .

Also, by updating this thread, it is also easier for people to find the solution.

I did not know that they were aware, thank you for the information. Also I did not know if it a driver problem or from the sim.

Thank you,

Andrei

• David ChiengDavid Chieng Member
    edited March 2022

Does not really help though as the discussions in this forum are sorted based on most recent started thread and not most recent post.

So this discussion or thread will slowly go down the list under recent discussions/refactor folder as you posted it. Re-posting on this thread will not push it up the list.

So unless someone search it with the almost the same key word, it will not show up.

• I got this issue too and DPR off solves it. Another issue for me that happens at session change or when returning to garage is that the FFB looses detail, getting violent oscillations and loose center. FFB reset does nothing. Back to normal after restarting the game. Haven't found any setting that fix this. Using DD2

• I have the same pb with DD2. Only solution I found is to swith off the DD and restart the game

• edited January 28

Still present.. degradation, grainess, call it as you will 😊 Even with DPR off it can appear after multiple setup changes and pits. It is exactly as it was when I received the DD1. No fixes for this in any driver.

• Hello all, I've been fighting with the rF2 devs since I got my CSL DD to get this issue fixed. I'm sure you know they just said it was Fanatec's fault, despite I and many others saying this issue was only happening in rF2, since they've been saying the same thing for years. Well it seems they have finally and officially admitted that this is an issue with rF2 and their game engine "recreating direct input effects" according to them. Here's proof direct from the developers on the LMU discord.

The best part is that my first question was if this fix will be implemented in rF2 now that they finally admit it's an issue with their engine and all I got was silence. Going to go out on a limb and say the writing on the wall is a big FU to the rF2 users because it wouldn't make them money to go to the trouble of fixing this in rF2, it's LMU or nothing it seems... Just figured everyone would like the update.

(Posting this on multiple CSL DD graining threads so it's more likely people will see it)