How does shipping work?

Hi,

First post here.

I pre-ordered the Gran Turismo DD Pro Premium Bundle and the site says "Availability date: Mar 25, 2022". Since I have never ordered from Fanatec before, I'm wondering how they handle their pre-orders. Do they wait and ship on Mar. 25 if they have all of the products? Are they like Amazon and ship a few days before Mar. 25 in the hopes that it arrives at the customer's home on or around Mar. 25? Or, if they have everything available before Mar. 25, do they go ahead and ship early?

I know there are all kinds of shipping delays going on. Just trying to set my expectations as Gran Turismo 7 is hitting the shelves Mar. 4.

Thanks and I look forward to this new hobby of Sim Racing! 😎👍️

Comments

• Welcome to the pre-order show.

Its hard to find any information on whats going on for north america at the moment, especially Canada it seems.

Europe seems to be getting early deliveries, and some of US has been receiving their GT DD Pro's, but it seems like just the ones who did not order the load cell.

I havent heard of anyone in north america receiving their GT DD Pro Premium bundle yet, since its tied to the load cell.

Im in Canada, and my order on my QR says it was delayed till April, but I was assure by customer service that it was a website error, and im really hoping that its the same case for the March 25 date on the DD Pro, but who knows?

Dont be like me, just sit back and expect the delivery for end of march/early April and DO NOT check the site every few hours hoping that the delivery date has changed!

• My GT dd pro premium bundle just went to warehouse processing today. I'm in Canada. This is with the load cell and 8nm power brick.

• I am in Canada as well. Ordered 12/23/21 with the same premium bundle (load cell and 8nm). Also received emailed on Feb 22 about warehouse processing. Logging in today it simply says "The order has been processed." I don't see any tracking info.

Just says it's being shipped USPS and I don't know which service. I understand there's gonna be some weight to this package but the shipping charges were large for us in Canada.

Hopefully it's upgraded USPS service. I am sure with what we paid it could have gone UPS or FEDEX ground at the very least. I've noticed shipping from the USA with USPS over the pandemic has had brutal shipping times with terrible delays on both sides. Main problem seems to be customs clearance though.

• It'll be regular shipping, in individual packages. Chances are customs will hold at least 1 if not all packages for a week and you'll have to pay duties. Warehouse processing can take from a few days to a couple weeks as I've recently experienced with another purchase from fanatec. Their shipping is absolutely the worst.

• Also in Canada, ordered the GT express bundle and clutch Jan 24, 2022, both shipped feb 3 and got the clutch feb 8. the GT express bundle is still at USPS in LA. no movement since feb 7. USPS is too slow.

• I'm in the UK and received my orders within 3 weeks of ordering as follows:

• I ordered the base DD Pro package on first order which was showing March delivery
    • I then ordered the boost kit, V3 pedals, and mclaren steering wheel on a seperate order. They where all showing as available.
    • both orders where delivered a day apart this week

As soon as UPS contacted me for import taxes I paid via their website and arranged delivery to a local shop so I did not need to be home to collect. All went very smooth and quickly

• ps I should say I effectively paid an extra £11 in handling fees for UPS (not sure if I ended up paying more postage cost to fanatec this way ?) but I thought it was the best way of ensuring delivery before GT7 comes out and it worked so am happy

• Duties and taxes I'm fine with.. it's par for the course. But paying outlandish shipping fee's for it to be sent usps snail speed is crazy to me. USPS shipping times have been wild this past year too. A package last year I ordered took over 2 months for me. There's no guaranteed shipping time with usps which is the main problem. At least with UPS or Fedex, even with ground you are looking at 1 week or 2 weeks max.

• Looks like labels were printed on March 1st. I received 4 tracking labels. Still nothing physically shipped as of today (March 4). Seems to be sitting in California.