Do I have to start the games from Fanalab?

Hi, Have used my DD2 and Formula V2 wheel casually on/off for a year, but are really diving into it now.

There is a bunch of stuff that I dont think is all that well documented and leads to questions ... or maybe I havent looked and googled enough? So many combinations of games emitting telemetry or not, game settings, plugins, wheels and wheelbases. Would be nice with an overview of the data flows and integrations and datasources.

This is more complex than the Garmin IFR avionics in my PA28 😂

Right now I mainly use RF2 and ACC offline.

For starters ... Do I have to start the games from Fanalab, to activate the LED plugin for flags and telemetry for instance (Flags I cant get working ).

I don't really see much of a difference when launching the game outside of Fanalab atm.

And all I see in the display on the DD2 wheelbase is the gear I am in.

Anyone get any of the fancy telemetry feedback working? Especially flags would be nice to have.

Comments

• No you dont have to start the games through FanaLab.

Its also fine to launch the game through Steam, through Desktop shortcut, thorugh Tasklist or however you wanna start the games - FanaLab will automatically "see" the running game.

• Lars AndersenLars Andersen Member
    edited February 2022

Hi Maurice. Thanks! A Followup ... So what does the Fanalab windows process inject or intercept ... or in any sense, do, with the Fanatec devices and in this case RF2? I think when troubleshooting this, knowing a little about how the game, the devices and Fanalab interact, interact would be good.

Im a developer by day, so I am not starting completely from scratch :-D

• Ahhh ... it saves settings to my personal profile under Calibrate Controls. Right? Does it have any realtime interaction with the Fanatec Devices?