[RMA in progress] Fanatec Support Ignoring Tickets (again)

I have to create this thread as my previous one was closed as resolved (when in fact it wasn't)

I have a faulty CSL DD problem (which is second in a row now, first one came out of the box unusable and the replacement did not even work, and to me that's a pretty big red flag but no one seems to be bothered by it at Fanatec).

But the bigger problem is responsiveness level and helpfulness of Fanatec Support team.

I create a ticket with the title "New CSL DD - Extremely Weak FFB Problem" and add details:

"I just received my CSL DD and installed latest the drivers. But the wheel has extremely weak force feedback at highest settings. FFB was 100% and I did not change the default settings, but when I test FFB on both Fanatec Control Panel I barely feel anything. Even my phone vibrates stronger than this.

Just to give you an idea, I used Logitech G920 and Thrustmaster T300RS before and even Logitech was 10 times stronger than this wheel. I currently own and use Fanatec CSL Elite as well and I can barely hold the wheel when I click test FFB on Fanatec Control Panel. It is very strong.

I also tried at least 10 different games, it's all the same. There is no resistance and weakest vibration."

Fanatec Support team first asks me to update my drivers (as if that ever helps, but I do anyway and send a screenshot), and after telling them that it made absolutely no difference at all, and explain further that this wheel vibrates softer than a FitBit. That's how bad and weak it is. In the games the wheel is lighter than feather. There is some weight but it is like 5% of what it is supposed to be.

Here is their reply: "A slight vibration is nothing unusual for a DD system. You can definitely feel this, and it is due to the construction of the device."

Is this a joke?? I don't want to be rude but seriously, do you even speak English?

I mean the subject of my mail is Extremely Weak FFB Problem, I add in lots of detail, and your guys interpret that as "customer's CSL DD slightly vibrates"?

This is a German company, so would you prefer my next message to be German so I can get a properly working CSL DD?

Comments

• English should be fine. I wrote a ticket in German and also had to point out several times what I actually described in my first message. I guess the support has not much time to read the messages and try in a first attempt to close the ticket as fast as possible. So stay insistent and after a few Emails they will actually understand your real problem ;-)

• Support tickets can be hit or miss, from what I've gathered. I'd recommend using their live chat service when you see that it's available (a little red square with a headset will appear on their main page).

I recently had an issue where my McLaren wheel and CSL DD both needed to be RMA'd, and I contacted Fanatec through their live chat. It all went quite smoothly. From my initial chat session, to getting everything shipped from East Coast USA across the country to California, Fanatec inspecting/ repairing, and finally getting me a product back in my hands, it all took just a little over three weeks. Not bad, IMO.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Gurcan,

I can see that the RMA is underway. I agree it was a bit of a misunderstanding, and I am really sorry to hear that to have experienced two defective units. This is extremely unlucky, the CSL DD has been a very solid performer so far and the defect rate is not unusually high.

I'm sure we can get you back to enjoying your sim racing soon.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• I am in the same boat. My setup worked for about a week. Now I have no force feedback, the universal hub doesn't light up anymore. No one answers a phone, can't leave a voice mail because "the mailbox is full", submitted a ticket but that auto-response was wait a week or more.

Yikes, this has credit card dispute written all over it right now. Here I thought buying a quality, expensive system would be worth it. Not seeing it so far. And tech support is "available" for 2 hours a day?