New CSL DD - Extremely Weak FFB (almost non-existent)

Hi all,

I saw similar posts but not a common solution so let me try a new thread. I just received my CSL DD after waiting for 2,5 months and installed the drivers and everything. But the force feedback is extremely weak - like unbelievably weak.

Let me just repeat the expression I mentioned in ticket here: "Even my phone vibrates stronger than this"

All settings are are default, FFB set to 100 and PEAK, it is very weak both in games and also on Fanatec Control Panel. When I click test FFB wheel vibrates softer than a Fitbit watch...

I owned Logitech G920 and Thrustmaster T300RS before and still use Fanatec CSL Elite. Even Logitech was 10 times stronger than this. If a normal CSL DD is supposed to be 5NM, and that it should be similar to CSL Elite, this can be 0.5 NM max... That's how bad it is.

I immediately created a help desk ticket for it but does anyone maybe have a magic solution for it? Other than stating the obvious fact that it is either a faulty unit or a faulty power adapter...

Comments

• Tried different games?

In the control panel, there's a "test ffb" - it was so strong it scared me a little when I clicked the button.

• Yes, I tried AC Competizione, F1 2020, GRID, WRC 8 and a few others. All very weak. Like 5% percent FFB.

Also I mentioned in my original comment: "it is very weak both in games and also on Fanatec Control Panel. When I click test FFB wheel vibrates softer than a Fitbit watch..."

• Yeah, that definitely does not sound normal to me. I'd say file a support ticket.

• What will happen if you downgrade to an older version driver if its possible of course. Did you also tried COMP mode? I am not an expert btw. But you could give it a go.

• Yes I have tried both PC mode and compatibility mode. I have also reinstalled drivers. All the same.

I just wanted to see if that is a common issue or if there is an end-user solution for it, but looks like another faulty base (second one in a row now). I am waiting for a response from Fanatec now.

• You are mentioning you updated the "drivers", but did you also update the "firmware" for all your devices? Just asking cause drivers and firmware are different things and you didn't mention "firmware" in any of your posts.

Another thing worth trying is another USB Hub/Port, try 2.0 and 3.0 USB Ports (3.0 is however recommended for CSL DD and Pro).

Using Boost Kit yes/no?

I doubt you got another/extra power unit for you DD by any chance? Doesn't matter if it's the 5nm or 8nm version, just try it with a different one if possible.

• Did you find a solution?