CSL elite wheel crashing game.

Hey all I have the CSL elite mclaren GT3 V2 wheel on a clubsport v2.5 base. When I load into a iracing practice session it will crash and tell me application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware. When I just the v1 BMW wheel I got with the base it does not crash.

How do I go about fixing that. I just got the wheel last week.

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Joseph,

This sounds like an iRacing-specific issue so I have moved the thread to the iRacing section.

The Fanatec hardware should not be causing a crash like this. The fact that it mentions 'graphics hardware' suggests it is not related to Fanatec hardware at all. But the basic troubleshooting from our side would be to ensure you are using the most recent driver (currently 429 is the release driver on the site, or you can try the 433 beta available through the forum), and ensure that the wheel base and steering wheel firmware is up to date.

You may need to contact iRacing support, it could be something related to your iRacing installation or something else related to your PC hardware.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Yeah it is not PC hardware took it in and they found nothing wrong, Not an iracing issue as it will crash any game i play.

Right now i have unplugged the base/wheel from iracing and been in a practice session for 1hr and has not crashed.

I might try the 433 beta drivers to see if that fixes it,