CLS DD 5Nm orders

Hello, I have read in the Fanatec blog that there is a shortage of 5nm sources and that it is expected to solve it by the middle of next year, that means that those of us who have ordered CLS DD without reinforcement kit, will not be available on the indicated date, in my case 3 January 2022?

I would appreciate clarification of this issue from an administrator.

sorry for English, I use a translator

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Javier,

You should go by the date written in your 'Orders' page in your account. If you don't see a date on that page, or you would like clarification, please contact customer service - select 'Contact' at the top of the site, then 'I have a question about my order'.

[Fanatec Community Manager]

• Can BaysalCan Baysal Member
    edited December 2021

Hi Javier,

I am a little bit confused about this as well. But as I understand, this goes for the new orders. For example, when I ordered CLS DD without the boost kit, the Availability date was Jan 3, 2022, at that time. So my order will be shipped on Jan 3, 2022. However, the availability date for CLS DD without the boost kit is Jun 1, 2022, at the moment. If you order now, the earliest shipping date is June 1, 2022.

But it's better to get an official response about this topic.

Cheers.

PS. While I was writing this, we got the official reply :) thanks

• To put it simply one day before black friday the ETA on the site was early january. When I ordered late on black friday afternoon the eta was june 17. I don't think Fanatec or anybody ran out of anything.

I don't believe there is a shortage of 24v power supplies or will there ever be. Early in the production cycle Fanatec tries to get the word of mouth out that good bases are available for cheap then when the product is selling allright shift the bulk of the distribution to higher margin units.

That's how business goes, people will get tired and cave in to get the better ETA, no matter the price. Everyday I see people buy DD1's because they didn't want to wait any longer.

I'll hold to my Logitech Driving Force GT until my order comes in.

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Can, yes that's correct, or at least that is the intended behaviour. The availability date written on each product page is our best estimate if you place a new order at that moment. For a product that is selling faster than we can produce them, like the CSL DD, this availability date is going to keep moving further into the future, until we can start to catch up with demand. Once all the units for a certain production batch are allocated to pre-orders, the date changes to whenever the next batch is expected to arrive. This should have no impact on existing pre-orders. This is why you should look at the date on your Orders page, and not the one on the product page.

• hello,

thanks for the clarification, in fact in my order aparase as availability date on January 3, 2022, as I already mentioned above, but when reading the blog I was a little worried. fingers crossed to make it so, thank you

• you can be right, also that Fanatec may want to monetize more and that we ask for the 8Nm instead of the 5, since there seems to be no problem with that configuration, maybe more than one would be willing to change the order, but that does not seem to be possible, and you have to cancel to order again,  with the delay that this entails, for my part I would directly cancel and look for another option, but if I feel cheated I would not be in Fanatec.

• in case anyone is in the same situation, in contact with Fanatec, they assured me that the order would be available on January 3, there is even the possibility that it arrived earlier, hopefully it will be itself.

the shortage of 5Nm is for orders that will be placed after that availability date, in my case January 3, 2022, order with shipping within the European Union.

sorry for English, I use a translator

Best regards!

• edited December 2021
    Hello, for continuing with the information and that it is useful to other people, today the order has been processed and waiting for the tracking number.

I would like to thank the fanatec staff as they confirmed it to me in conversation this morning and the chat was cut off before thanking them for their work.

Greetings

• hello again, my experience so far, the order is shipped, a tracking number is created for each product, Fanatec only informs that the order was processed and that it would be sent soon, the tracking numbers were sent by UPS, they are not sent together, in my case there are 6 and they are distributed throughout half europe, and delivery dates vary around 22 and 23 December.

through the Fanatec Chat if I inform myself that it would be sent that day or the next, I think that the update of the status on the Fanatec website is something that should be more accurate so as not to create doubts among customers about their order

on the other hand this is my first experience with Fanatec and so far I have no complaints, the communication service with the Fanatec staff perfect and very friendly, let's hope it continues to yes and everything reaches me correctly and without problems,

as in the previous post, sorry for the English since I use a translator and I hope to help someone who is in the same situation that I found myself regarding the information of my order on the web. 

Best regards

• You need to have a look at your web system in that case; date for availability on the order page reflects the product page.

I ordered CSL DD, WRC wheel with QR1 and table clamp. All except the table clamp was in stock when I ordered.

It is very confusing, as I have no idea if I'm constantly being pushed to the back of the queue until all items, magically, or accidentally are in stock at the same time, or if the parts that were in stock at the time of my order are put aside until the last item (which should be the table clamp) is in stock too.