WRC Wheel not working in "PS4 Comp" Mode on Podium F1 Playstation DD1

I'm new to the Fanatec ecosystem (5 days so far!) and I thought I had figured it all out...alas I have not: why does my WRC wheel not work on my Podium F1 Playstation DD1 in PS4 Comp mode? It works fine in PS4/PS5 mode, but not PS4 Comp mode. The F1 wheel that came with the Podium F1 DD1 works just fine in PS4 Comp mode. My understanding is that the Playstation security chip is in the base and no matter what wheel I attach, I should be able to use either mode on the PS4 or PS5. Is my new WRC wheel defective?

Comments

• Can anyone try this out with a Playstation DD1 and WRC wheel and let me know? I'd rather not waste supports time on such trival questions...

• Probably because the WRC wheel is an Xbox wheel. So it acts differently.

Playstation and Xbox license differently.

Playstation license is built into the wheel base.

Xbox the license is built into the steering wheel.

• But that is not how the Fanatec eco system works to my best understanding...if my base is Playstation compatible, which it is, shouldn't every wheel work on it no matter what????? Playstation compatibility is only on the base...it also makes no sense why the WRC CSL wheel works in PS4/PS5 mode but not PS4 Comp mode yet my McLaren CSL works in both PS4/PS5 mode and PS4 Comp mode.

• j ai le meme probleme que toi

base podium dd1, quand je mais le volant wrc et je veux jouer a dirt 2.0 ca ne fonctionne pas

par contre le volant wrc fonctionne sur gt sport

base dd1 +volant f1 dans le jeu dirt 2.0 ca fonctionne

tout est a jour volant base volant wrc