Broken pin issue with CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1

Hi,

Yesterday when I was racing the wheel suddenly started to act weird. The red ring turned green by itself and the wheel kept turning fast by itself.

Turned out to be a broken pin and I submitted a ticket to Fanatec and hopefully they can help me.

What worries me is that the wheelbase is somehow damaged by this. It's a CSW 2.5 and the broken pin was simple to get out using a plier. But when I connect the base without the rim attached and start it up it still acts strange. It does the right to left self calibration but at the end it quickly turns 180 degrees to the right.

I also cannot turn it off with the power button but have to pull out the power cable. Is this maybe normal when there is no rim attached?

Comments

• edited December 2020

Update. I have now fixed the broken pin by taking one of the spare ones and soldered it to place where the broken one was. It is out of warranty anyway so I figured I had nothing to lose, and it was quite easy.

The wheelbase kept acting weird, couldn't turn it off etc. But I flashed the firmware (even if it said I had the latest one) and after that process everything went back to normal. I figure that when the pin broke the wheelbase's software flipped out somehow and needed a total reset.

Maybe this info can help someone else in the future.

• Great job! Where did you get the extra spare pin?

• Some of the pins in the connector are not used so I simply took one of them and replaced the broken one. Takes some soldering and removal of melted glue.

• Decided to send the units to Fanatec anyway and they have now done a proper repair of both the wheel and wheelbase.

Very satisified with the service from Fanatec.

• my pins broke on my wheel will fanatec help me ??