Is there any "support" from someone on this site?

Ryan MonaghanRyan Monaghan Member
edited December 2020 in Steering Wheels

I have a discussion on this forum looking (to no avail) for help with the Porsche 918 rim that I bought on the Black Friday sale some weeks ago. The wheel is and has been in the box ready to ship back because its faulty. When I first got it, when plugged into the CSL wheelbase, it wouldnt even power on. The F1 esports rim works perfectly fine, so there is no driver, firmware, grounding etc etc issue with the base or any other part of my rig. The rim I bought simply does not work. If it were a product I bought for 350.00$ at a local store I would have that day drove to said store and exchanged it. I know there isnt a "Fanatic Store" I can just drive to and exchange the product, its a little more complicated than that i get it. Whats ironic is that I get the response to send a video of the wheel malfunctioning and told that it might be EMI from a VR headset as to why their product wont turn on? WTF? Can i just get an exchange from you cheap *****heads? 350$ for a wheel rim for a video game and there is no customer support? What a ***** show....

[Mod Edit: Language]

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

Hi Ryan,

Couple of questions. I assume you are using this on PC and not console correct? Have you checked the pins and screws inside the rim to make sure they are secure and not damaged?

• yeah i have.... i even tightened the allen screw in the middle of the pins to make them protrude another mm or so which i thought several days ago fixed the problem because the wheel after doing that worked fine, but now has returned to completely dead

• and yes on pc

• Id seriously just appreciate some exchange so I dont have to have yhis useless paperweight taped up in a box on my table and get one that isnt faulty