Fanatec Driver 447 (Prev. Official Release) (Prev. 445-446) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• How to report issues:

If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:

1. Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue and find out if caused by driver OR firmware.

Done but done Fanatec funky. Did not work.

1. Which driver OR firmware shows the issue

Don't know. The last one I installed was 439. After the Fanatec Driver update and restart it shows 447 but the Fanatec Control Panel does not find anything with the power on or off.

1. Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue

It was working yesterday, and I did not change or update anything. Today I power up and get the firmware needs updating and indicated the power need to be turned off. Howerever it would not update on its own when power was turned off.

1. Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have caused the issue

I tried to reinstall 439 but the Fanatec updated knows that I newer one is installed and will not continue.

1. Check if the issue is related to specific settings of for example the tuning menu. Is it happening more or less with a specific setting raised or lowered?

No.

1. Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following info:
    • Wheel Base Model (product ID): ...

DD1

• Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....

Clubsport F1 2019

• Driver Version: ....

• Base FW Version: ....
    • Motor FW Version: ....
    • Wheel FW Version: ....
    • FanaLab Version: ....
    • Tuning Menu settings
    • Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else?
    • With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs

This is not good at all. Don't know how to scrap everything and start over. It is complaining about a wireless quick release. Ran USBDeview and everything is green

• edited September 2022

When you get a Wireless Quick Release error shown that usually means that you have to contact the support as the base is damaged in a way the customer cant repair it on its own via Driver or Firmware as its a hardware issue.

• Hey quick heads up, I had driver 443 installed. I did latest windows 11 update 2H22. And DD1 wasn't being recognised. I had to install 447 then it worked.

• That's normal.

You ALWAYS have to either run the driver repair or install the driver completely new after a big Windows Update.

• i just got a brand new podium f1 wheel and base and got it up and running but i'm already having issues with both the funky switches. the left one doesn't work at all other than to press. the joystick part doesn't do anything. the right one is really crazy. trying to press the button causes it to freak out and go in any direction as you press it. and the down doesn't always work. thing is brand new. the firmware is up to date.

• Then you should contact the support as its clearly a hardware issue.

• edited September 2022

No, when you get the message during driving then it's quite likely a hardware connection issue.

The message should only come up after you powered on the base or you attached a Wheel.

• edited September 2022
    • Wheel Base Model (product ID): Podium Racing Wheel F1® (P_RW_F1_US)
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Podium Racing Wheel F1® (P_RW_F1_US)
    • Driver Version: 447
    • Base FW Version: 3.0.0.6
    • Motor FW Version: 3.0.0.2
    • Wheel FW Version: 45
    • FanaLab Version: 1.66
    • Tuning Menu settings SEN 1080 FFB 40 FFS PEAK NDP 10 NFR 2 NIN 3 INT 2 FEI 100
    • Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive? Yes. (standard PC install; I only use my PC to play ACC)

I experience sudden, irrecoverable losses of all resistance in the force feedback (i.e. the wheel spins freely) after some time whilst play ACC on Windows 8 (Edit: Windows 10). Rebooting the game and/or the base does not resolve the issue. The only way to get back to a working state is to reboot the whole PC, making me believe this is a driver issue. The base appears to be OK, as rebooting the PC but not the base when the issue occurs still recovers the force feedback. Doing a force feedback test in the Fanatec app whilst the issue is present also works. I don't think the game is at fault either, as the FFB bar in the HUD continues to operate normally whilst the resistance in the wheel is gone. My wheelbase is plugged to my PC's motherboard using the USB cable supplied by Fanatec (in perfect condition).

I attached logs captured after the issue occurs (before rebooting), as well as two videos recording the base's built-in display whilst the wheel is spinning with no resistance.

Thank you!

• Windows 8 is not supported by the Driver, only Windows 10 and 11 are supported.

Could be because of Windows 8 being incompatible, but could also be a hardware issue...

• Thanks Maurice! My bad I meant to write Windows 10. Should I get in touch with support?

• I had an old version of Fanatec DD Podium F1 wheel for playstation and v3 pedals.

As know, i doesnt updated my base, wheel and pedals, since feb/mar of 2022... Reason, get one that estabilized some problems I had with the GT7 at that time. As my GT7 championships are coming to an end next week, im intended to update all of my equipment.

Can I just update everything with the last driver for windows 11 and firmware??? Or I need to do some previous firmware until the last one?

Is this old one, more stable for GT7 and PS5 ???

• So I'm using the stock cable, and still having the message crop up again and again. Haven't yet noticed any issues mid game.

Hardware RMA?

• edited September 2022

When you get the message again and again when you did not restarted the base or reattached a Wheel then yes, likely a hardware issue. As said, the message is supposed to only come up after every base start and every wheel attachement.

• I'm not sure if this helps isolate the issue, but the base was connected to a USB 3.1 port. When I changed to it to another 3.1 port, the computer wouldn't recognise the base at all! (Despite restarts) is the base not meant to be plugged into a 3.1 port? (Would that have anything to do with it?)

• I am interested in this topic. Whether it influences or not? Or which USB port would be the best. Thank you

• I have this problem and tried several ways to solve it. Both the Fanatec solutions when it puts firmware 0, or trying to reload previous drivers, I can't update... The fan turns at maximum power but it never updates if the rest does. I sent a ticket to fanatec, but they don't give me a confirmation response as the e-mail has arrived or anything. I have the dd1 base under warranty. Can you tell me how long it takes to answer? Do you recommend that I resubmit a ticket? even though it says don't do it if there is already one sent.

• It's been more than 2 years since I sent the ticket, and they don't answer me in any way

• How to check the production date of dd pro

• A few days have passed since I first locked the rubber compression (golden ring) and then tightened the bolts.

No problems have occurred so far

thanks to Marcel for answering the issue

• Hi,

Can someone confirm this works with original Assetto Corsa on PS4? I am afraid to update in case it doesn't work. Many thanks

• edited October 2022

Maurice / Marcel,

since i updated to 447 and 1.66 my pedals v3 are not recognized in fanalb grey, on driver page can see them but cannot calibrate

ried usb connection but is the same

so not possible to upload profiles

can you please help

• 1.     Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue and find out if caused by driver OR firmware.

Not Done

2.     Which driver OR firmware shows the issue

Don't know. On Fanatec control center I have:

·       Wheel base: 653

·       Wheel base motor: 30

·       Steering Wheel: 30

·       Wireless QR: 0

3.     Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue

The update has not been completed successfully

4.     Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have caused the issue

I don’t want to try again this without a reply of the support wit the actual log,

5.     Check if the issue is related to specific settings of for example the tuning menu. Is it happening more or less with a specific setting raised or lowered?

My tuning menu doesn’t match the one on the fanatec control center. I don’t know why.

6.     Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following info:

·       Wheel Base Model (product ID): ...

DD1

·       Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....

Mclaren GT3 v1.1

·       Driver Version: ....

·       Base FW Version:

·       Motor FW Version: ....

·       Wheel FW Version: ....

·       FanaLab Version: ....

·       Tuning Menu settings

·       Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else?

Installed on C:

·       With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs

Description:

Opened the update manager of fanatec control center 447, steering wheel connected on base motor, base motor connected with usb to pc, started the update wizard, base motore went off, error showed out with a window with log, switched on the base motor after it, never was happened or update, not tried again.

• You claim it is a hardware issue, while Fanatec Support tell me it could be a software issue.

Doesn't seem like I'm getting consistent messaging here. I was advised to roll back the driver, which WOULD suggest it is a driver issue. Unless we're all in the dark and everybody is guessing.

But yes, today, for the first time, had momentary mid-race FFB loss while surprising the rest of the wheel and buttons worked just fine. And the Torque message kept coming back up (on 447). But I've rolled it back to 444 and we'll see.

• Good morning

yesterday i tried to update the DD1 which had these parameters. 

Main Fw 669

HW v3

Motor FW 38

HW V3

Acv V3

WQR V6

HW 0

I tried with the 447 drivers but it didn't work I tried with the older ones, I turned on the base by holding the button for 10 seconds automatically the update goes successful, and installs 3.0.0.2 but the fan is activated at max speed and the motor and the F1 crown remain to be updated but it does not update,

I tried to do them individually, the conone made the update but the motor did not. I tried to turn the base off and on but the steering wheel turns at about 40 ° and says to calibrate, I do it but nothing is not recognized by the PlayStation you have any suggestions

thanks

• Jakub NajderJakub Najder Member
    edited October 2022

Hi, I have a problem with losing FFB while playing, it happens very rarely but it is very frustrating.

CSL DD 8nm

Platform Iracing

Driver 447

Wheel Base 1.1.7.6

Wheel Base Motor 1.0.2.2

Steerning Wheel 45

Wireless QR 6.0.0.1

I will also add that I do not use any usb hub

This discussion has been closed.