Fanatec Driver 423 for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)
To see the previous changelog of driver 415 please visit this post:
Changes of driver 423 (since 415)
Firmware versions included
- CSL DD: 22.214.171.124 (NEW)
- CSL DD Motor: 126.96.36.199
- CSL DD WQR: 188.8.131.52
- CSW V1 Base: 687 (NEW)
- CSW V2 Base: 687 (NEW)
- CSW V2.5 Base: 687 (NEW)
- CSL E Base: 687 (NEW)
- CSL E Base PS4: 687 (NEW)
- DD1 / DD2 Bas: 687 (NEW)
- CSL/CSW Motor: 22
- DD1 Motor: 41 (NEW)
- DD2 Motor:41 (NEW)
- SW McLaren: 32
- SW McLaren V2: 41
- Formula V2: 41
- Podium HUB: 6
- Podium BME: 18
- CSL SW WRC: 4 (NEW)
- CSL UH: 3
- CSP V3: 1.32
- CSL EP LCK: 1.10
New driver UI
- Now supports also the following bases: ClubSport Wheel Base, ClubSport Wheel Base V2, ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5, CSL Elite WB + (PS4), CSL Elite WB, CSL Elite WB 1.1
- Fixed issue of shifter tab showing input indicators when pressing buttons on a wheel.
- Fixed freezing when collecting logs from the "No Device Found" page.
- Fixed crash when changing base modes while UI is open.
- Fixed issue where window of the new UI was stuck minimized and couldn't get opened.
- Re-located where "New Firmware Available" label is shown.
- "New Firmware Available" label is clickable and opens the Firmware update page.
- Improved discrepancy between clutch axis value in driver UI and Clutch Bite Point value shown on wheel.
- Added support for ClubSport Universal Hub V2 (for Xbox).
- Fixed issue of CSP V3 not updatable if USB-adater is attached at the same time.
- Fixed "Failed to load default firmware file [-4]" when user name has diacritical marks e.g. Š,, Ł ä, ö, etc.
- Added support for ClubSport Universal Hub V2 and ClubSport Universal Hub V2 for Xbox.
- Fixed issue where values on the display stopped showing after Clutch Bite Point value was shown.
- Fixed issue where BMW GT2 funky switch had ghost inputs to all other buttons.
- Fixed rare issue of specific bases where wheel center position would suddenly jump 360° to a side causing the wheel to rotate to the new center position.
- Optimizations in communication between base and motor firmware.
- Enabled more colors for rev-stripe
- Podium wheel base jolts can happen on ITM or analysis screens of the wheel base display. A workaround is to use the default screen with “Fanatec” logo while driving. We are still working on a fix which needs an extensive re-write of the P DD firmware which is why it takes so long. We are still working on a fix for this issue and it has high priority. It's taking so long because the fix needs a re-write of a big and important part of the firmware.
- Some customers experience the issue that wheels with 7-segment display are running in low torque on the P DD. This doesn't happen for everyone and we were not able to reproduce this yet. Feedback on this issue with hints on how we could recreate it are welcome.
- In some cases after all firmware updates are done the wheel might ask for another center calibration which can be done either via the driver UI or the button combination of the connected wheel which is mentioned in it's Quick Guide.
- Some smaller imperfections of the new UI which will be solved in future updates.
- USB-Adapter and Pedals plugged in via USB need to get accessed through the USB Gamecontroller overview of windows as they are not yet implemented into the new UI. This will be added in one of the next updates.
How to use the new function to collect log files
- Open the new UI via the desktop short cut or search for "Fanatec Control Panel".
- Go to the settings page.
- Press the "Collect Logs" button.
- This may take ~30 sec to collect all log files and put them into a .zip archive.
- The folder with the .zip will appear and you can upload it to the forum when reporting an issue.
Hotfix Firmware 687 for Podium Direct Drive
- Fixed issue where some wheels with metal QR would be stuck in low torque mode because the base falsely detected a plastic QR.
Compatible FanaLab Version:
How to report issues:
If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:
- Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue and find out if its caused by driver OR firmware.
- Which driver OR firmware does show the issue
- Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
- Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have cause the issue
- Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following information:
- Wheel Base Model (product ID): ...
- Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
- Driver Version: ....
- Base FW Version: ....
- Motor FW Version: ....
- Wheel FW Version: ....
- FanaLab Version: ....
- Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else?
- With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs