Fanatec Driver 457 Release Candidate for CSL, ClubSport and Podium (all wheels)

Comments

• RichardLittle what base you have because Disconnect/freezing issue is in Clubsport DD/DD+

• On my wheel Iv got 2.1.0 is this 455?

• @David Mullally

2.1.0 is definitely 457

• @Allan I have the Extreme, so the CS DD+. My thought is if I’m using 5nm of torque and getting very few disconnects, assuming that it is torque related (mine seems to happen on long high speed, loaded corners) then would dropping it reduce the frequency even more. I like the feel of the 5nm but if I drop it say 4nm I would get the same sort of feeling after an hour or so.

Knowing the difficulties they have had replicating it in the factory it would be interesting to know what torque they are testing with so it can be tried by people who have really frequent issues. In fact we could take that further by Fanatec releasing the settings they are actually testing with for each game to see if we experience an improvement.

• Maurice said they would not have put 457 on mine on an rma. Clearly they have so.

• Richard this may sound odd but iv only noticed it since using the McLaren gt3 car on gt7 which has very heavy steering twords others I normally drive. I’ll try again today.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited June 13
  • edited June 13

Allan I presume my wheel base was on 455 bought it in April this year. If it’s now on 457 they must have loaded that on with the repair for coil whine?

• i don't know 100% but we may have same anomaly at CSL DD aswell when it hits his max FFB.

because i swear that i lost FFB when i was testing some stuff

edited June 13

RichardLittle

i think what they want figure out right now. does this hotfix helps or not and maybe torque issue is something else

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/30856/fanatec-driver-457-release-candidate-for-csl-clubsport-and-podium-all-wheels/p8#

• I made a new post but maybe more appropriate here

About a week or 10 days ago (since installing driver 457) ACC froze then crashed back to the VR home screen, The wheel was strongly trying to spin clockwise which it did when I released my grip. Some of the rev LED's were frozen on. Tuning menu did not respond. I had to turn base off then back on to clear it. The same has happened a further 3 or 4 times since with exactly the same symptoms. I’m using a Clubsport Formula v2.5.

I have tried to submit a tech support but after completing it will not send stating to add a subject and description despite both sections fully populated. I have tried on PC and iPad with same result.

When I first got the CS DD I had issue when using Fanalab of the wheel freezing. I found I could overcome this by loading the profile from Fanalab and then closing Fanalab. With the predecessor of 457, 456 I think, I tried again running with Fanalab open but still got the wheel freeze but randomly I got loss of FFB. This was not frequent but seemed to occur in same place on the track (maybe coincidence).

It seems like all these issues are associated with the original wheel freeze issue.

I also race in AMS2 but use the WRC wheel for that and so far have not had game crash issue with that.

I did think about trying to roll back to previous official driver/firmware but got scared to try it for fear of bricking the wheelbase.

Driver 457, Firmware 2.1.0.3 Wireless QR 1.1.0.1 CS Formula v2.5 47

Windows 11 64

• they know the freeze issue. to you try they hotfix?

• Just done 2 hours again. No drop outs. Gonna try the cars with higher torque again and see.

• there is a 457 + public Hotfix 1.1.0.2 + closed test Hotfix 1.1.0.3 via PM

• Ok nothing today 4 hours on gt7 variety of cars no drop out. Very random it appears

• Question for Maurice or anyone else who might know: is it possible that the Clubsport Universal Hub (V2), would affect FFB? I ask because I have an issue whereby after some time of driving, I get a slight/gradual (but noticeable), loss in FFB strength. The same issue happened with my CSL DD…of which I attributed to the motor derating itself over time. However, the same is happening on my CS DD. I have tried all versions of drivers, checked my wiring, checked the power source and wall sockets etc. Fanatec says the Clubsport maintains constant torque across extended sessions, which has definitely not been the case. When I first boot up, the wheel feels very strong, snappy, and I can really feel the tire grip. After a while, that snappiness fades and the wheel feels softer. It affects my ability to push the car, and I end up oversteering because I can’t feel the car underneath me as well as I could when first starting the wheel.

is it possible the Universal Hub is the issue? I always thought it was only responsible for button and paddle inputs, not controlling motor strength…but perhaps I am wrong in my thinking?

Posting here because I thought it was a driver issue…but maybe not?

I don’t have disconnects, never have - just this ongoing issue of progressive loss in terms of FFB strength and fidelity.

• Loss of ffb is one of the issues here we’re all talking about. Maybe 2-3 seconds but comes back l. Its own.

it’s what I got yesterday but not today after all day driving.

I use podium hub so it’s not ur hub.

• I am not getting a total loss of FFB. The disconnect issue most people have is more of an on or off switch type scenario…that is not what is happening in my case. For me, on the CS DD and CSL DD before it, I am getting a gradual decline in FFB strength over time.

So example; if my CS DD is set to 12Nm, after about 30 mins it feels like my base has suddenly become 10Nm —> there is a loss of overall torque and strength.

My question specifically, is whether or not the Universal Hub can impact FFB in any way, or if the strength of the motor is strictly controlled by FW.

• Chris Eastwood

could be that they to have heat protection inside what lowers ffb if it go some specific temp

• edited June 13

My base is not overheating. I have 2 X 120mm cooling fans on either side of the base. Avg temp on the case is around 25C.

edited June 13

Chris Eastwood

what about power supply ? as i been think this multi times that they may have at there the protection for overheat what reduces the amps

• Allan wouldn’t think so as it’s very random. When it did happen me the base was cold.

• edited June 13

@David - our issue is not the same, as mentioned there is no sudden drop or disconnect.There is nothing random about my my situation. In fact the base works/feels the best when cold and just powered on. After a while of driving the FFB then starts to get weaker, and loses the ‘crisp’ and ‘snappy’ feel it had when first powered on.

@Allan - no it’s not a power supply issue. The exact same thing was happening on my CSL DD.

I believe the firmware is prematurely or by error, reducing power output in the motor. Perhaps the brain of the base is interpreting an overheat/overload scenario even though it isn’t, and then reducing the motor power.

The only parallel I can draw is that as others have said, it could be that when the base feels an ‘overload’ or high torque it is derating itself, or as others have mentioned the disconnects they are having seem to be when high FFB settings/forces are being used.

For context I leave the base set to 100% (12Nm), and adjust the GAIN in ACC to 60%, so it’s not as though I am overloading the base. Perhaps the FFB peaks are hitting 12Nm, but the ‘constant’ force is lower than 12Nm as I have the ACC master GAIN in the game set at 60%.

edited June 13

Chris Eastwood

i notice that with my CSL DD as well that FFB drops. i not sure when it started as i play also with DD2

• Please FIX CSL pedals (no LC) with DD EXTREME! I have:

Fanatec DD Extreme and CSL (no LC) pedals. So, when i use my pedals with new Extreme DD base, then i have HUGE deadzone ~40% on start point and i cant calibrate it, because no loadcell pedals don't have this option in Fanatec driver. I press the pedal from 0% to ~40% and nothing happen, only after pressing the pedal more than ~40 % does the graph in the driver begin to rise! The only problem is with the brake pedal! gas pedal works great!

I update all drivers/firmware, i read the entire Internet and the entire forums and nothing!

BUT, if i connect CSL pedals to my old Fanatec DD base, they works PERFECTLY!

I think that's the problem with new drivers for the new DD Extreme.

My few friends have same DD Extreme base and CSL (no lc) pedals and sure, same problem!

PLEASE FIX IT!

My post on reddit with video: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fanatec/comments/1declpx/fanatec_dd_extreme_csl_pedals_huge_deadzone/

• Allan, do you notice the FFB drop or fading on the DD2 also, or is it just with the CSL DD?

• edited June 13

@Marcel or Maurice - can you pleeease investigate the source code in the FW? I really think there is something in the FW that is 'stepping down' the motor strength after 'xx' amount of time, or at a certain motor temp. The CS DD was touted to to have virtually no FFB fade over time, and as it stands this is simply NOT true. :(

There is an obvious issue of derating happening...the feeling is exactly the same on the CSL DD, which is why I bought the CS DD - and here we are with the same issue. It is very unlikely that I bought 2 bases, that both exhibit the exact same condition, would you not agree?

I am more than certain it is the FW, I think this controls supply voltage and motor strength?

edited June 13

Chris Eastwood

dd2 is freaking strong. even if it have some drop, its hard to notice with hands

so answer is no

• Iv heard the dd+ still feels better than dd2 what do u think

edited June 13

i have no comment about dd+ vs dd2, i know that dd+ have faster ship . in paper it should mean faster reaction time at in dd+

but dd2 have 25nm so it is by default very strong

DD2 8nm vs CSL DD 8nm is like day and night