McLaren v2 order

R.R. RijkR.R. Rijk Member
edited March 2023 in Steering Wheels

Hi All,

I want to order a McLaren v2 wheel. When I add the wheel to the shopping basket there is an QR 1 added as well, I don’t want that QR 1 adapter. I just want the wheel with the simplified QR which is standard with this wheel. Why can’t I delete that from the order or why is it added in the first place?

Comments

• Never mind, I have to choose one of the the two in the latest order page.

• lol, beat me to it!!

• 😂

• Let me know how you like it.

This is the one I am using and love this thing!

• R.R. RijkR.R. Rijk Member
    edited March 2023

Just got the order today. Installed and it’s a relief to race again. Missed it big time.

Have it attached to a CSL DD Pro. The only thing I noticed, (same as I had with my CSW v2.5) there is a motion without FFB in the centre. When I drive and I make a quick move “rotation” with the wheel, It feels like there is some free space. If the wheel isn’t firmly attached to the shaft of the wheelbase. I don’t know if this was a setting or a “fault” in the wheel or wheelbase.

If I recall it correctly with my CSW v2.5, it was a setting in the FFB but I don’t know for sure anymore. I hope I can fix this because it bothers me.

• Stephen JayStephen Jay Member
    edited March 2023

Does it feel like the wheel slips on direction changes? If so it's probably the QR Lite slipping, unfortunately they're known to do this. A quick fix to see if it is that is to remove the wheel and put a couple of strips of electrical tape along the groove in the shaft. This temporarily stops it slipping. Mine did it and I ended up buying the QR1.

• I have only experienced that when using my elite BMW wheel, feels like all traction is lost for a split second.

but it happens while in a turn

• Thanks. I was thinking to buy the QR1 but I’ve read that the simple QR was ok as well. Perhaps I should have bought it after all. Thanks for the feedback and I’ll put your option to the test.