WRC Generations - FFB discussion for DD (1, 2, CSL)

Jean MarthJean Marth Member
edited December 2022 in Other Racing Games

WRC Generations use more or less the base FFB from WRC 9 and 10 which use all FFB channels (FOR SPR DPR).

From experience with WRC 9 and re-checked with the documentation from WRC Generations (Link in Steams forums pinned: "WRC Generations | Steering Wheel Configurations") there are a few things to know. WRC uses all channels the normal FOR but also SPR and DPR so all have to be enabled and you can dial it to your liking.

*** WRC Generations Force & Effects

Self-aligning torque: (SAT) is the force applied on the vehicle's wheels depending on parameters like velocity and friction, also steering at high speed. ==> FOR 

Tyre Load: is a constant effect, so it will add constant force to your wheel when turning at high speed for example, or when the suspensions are compressed on bumps. ==> DPR & impact on FOR 

Self Centre: caster angle and the frictions of the tyres will make the steering wheel try to go back in neutral position when accelerating, braking or steering. ==> SPR & impact on FOR

Ground Surface: is a constant force that pushes your wheel out when jumping, hitting rocks, going off track. ==> FOR (there is also tground surface in vibrations)

==> Overall Force 100 / Self Aligning Torque 100 / Tyre Load 100 / Self Centre 100 / Recenter Force (only in menue) I use 50 / Ground Surface 60-80. The forces are depending on each other internally it seems also that it's best to have the in game settings at default (ground surface 30 is to low)

*** WRC Generations Vibrations (most should be turned down or set to 0)

Vibrations are all vibration effects which are added to FOR with canned effects.

Tyre Slip: vibration effect applied when your tires are slipping onthe ground if loosing grip.

Suspension: vibration effect that scales on shocks being received by your car's suspension. 

Ground Surface: vibration effect applied and scaled when driving on certain surfaces, mainly gravel or off-road.

Engine: vibration applied in engine situations like overrevving.

Collision: vibration applied when your car collides with an obstacle.

==> Overall Vibration 100 / Tyre Slip 0 / Suspension 40-60 / Ground Surface 0 / Engine 0 / Collision 60

*** Overview of all settings:

I use a DD2 with BME, APM and a round wheel (so it's a little heavier as the Porsche wheel).

** My Fanatec DD 2 settings:

SEN 480 (WRC has no support for auto)

FF 32 (what you like)

NDP 12 (some fixed damping)

NFR 6 (some fixed wheel weight)

NIN 3 (depends on your wheel if it's a light wheel up this to 6-10)

INT 5 (WRC has a slow FFB signal)

FEI 80 (a little smoothing on the vibration impulses from WRC)

FOR 100 (change general force with the FF setting, SAT from game)

SPR 50-60 (Self Center setting from the game)

DPR 70-80 (Damping from the game, Tyre Load from the game)

** WRC Generations in game settings:

Max Wheel Angle 480 (in sync with SEN)

Overall Force 100

Self Aligning Torque 100

Tyre Load 100

Self Centre 100

Recenter Force 50

Ground Surface 80

----

Overall Vibration 100

Tyre Slip 0

Suspension 40-60

Ground Surface 0

Engine 0

Collision 60

Throttle Pedal 0 (I have no Fanatec pedals)

Brake Pedal 0 (I have no Fanatec pedals)

Details to all force effects are described in the pdf from the developers, Link from Steam forum "WRC Generations | Steering Wheel Configurations":

https://cdn3.xsolla.com/files/uploaded/68486/28c3b888310074c353bcaf192dcc9638.pdf

So let's discuss your findings. I found the the weight in corners at high speed on asphalt is something that other games don't have so pronounced as WRC Generations. For me it's not exactly clear how the forces are interacting which each other this is also not described in the PDF from the developers, but that document gives a good insight to the in game used force effects and opens the option to have a customized FFB changing the config files.

Comments